• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Running LSD - how do I make the pictures in the gallery auto rotate as you turn the phone. Worked fine on previous versions. Can't seem to find a setting for it.

I'm sure that I had that issue as well, I had flashed the status bar and toggle blue mods but that was it, ended up crashing on me and I reverted back to lsj! Much happier now :)

Reactions: togger161
Upvote 0
So, the problems continued. I was at the bar, and the phone froze. I did the battery pull like I do every other time it locks up, and then the damn thing stuck on the i9100 screen. FFS!
So, when I got home at 3 in the morning, evidently Ive done this enough that I did a rom nuke and reinstalled my backup, completely wasted. Maybe Ive been doing this too much haha.

So, Im running my backup now. What I am wondering, though, is what to do now? The phone is operational, thankfully, but do I need to go through and nuke the thing again and install it fresh? Because this backup was created after I flashed LSD over LS8.

Like I said, it is working now, but if I try to flash stuff again I dont want it to get pissy on me. Not having my phone at the bar was annoying to say the least haha.

Upvote 0
I'm sure that I had that issue as well, I had flashed the status bar and toggle blue mods but that was it, ended up crashing on me and I reverted back to lsj! Much happier now :)

I haven't flashed any mods on this one yet. I've been trying a few different versions of Neatrom to see which I like, and is more stable etc. Noticed the auto rotate for the pictures doesn't work on some, but it does on others. Ah well.

Upvote 0
Firebirdstud: you were on an older kernel that corrupts /data on a power pull.
If your in this position again, simply do a cwm backup then restore that backup straight away.
Most of the current kernel versions are now power pull friendly.

Really?? I was unaware that kernels built these days still had that issue? What's up with that? If I move to the PhilZ 4.64 is this problem gone? Or do I need to move to Siyah v6.4b?

Upvote 0
Reloaded mod 1.05 is up :)

01/Mar - LSD - MS1 - LSE 1.05 - AROMA Edition
  • Even more code cleanup.
  • White theme working.
  • Apps button on touchwiz launcher modded to the AOSP one.
  • Settings text alignment bug.
  • Battery misalignment on Center Clock mod fixed.
  • Samsung Keyboard language list bug. Ugly hack.

Download, Here

Downloading now :D

Upvote 0
Siyah beta 5 is fine.
If you want philz then download one with "fixed" in the file name

From his XDA thread:

XWLSD
fixed for bootloop: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mqd112...4.64-fixed.zip]Free Online Storage - MediaFire
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z1gbk0....64-signed.zip]Free Online Storage - MediaFire
http://www.mediafire.com/file/e56ogu...X-4.64.tar.md5]Free Online Storage - MediaFire

I have the top one. I have not flashed it yet, but that is the one I have on my internal SD card ready to flash. Is that the one to be using?

Just remember to first choose Restore in Aroma installer, reboot and then go in recovery and start proper install of this mod. Works very well here so i hope this time u won`t have troubles with it.

I've almost got my phone setup the way I wanted again, and Im going to perform another backup, but this time it will be at a state that I actually want my phone, not a state from previous and missing stuff I want. haha.

Should I run the restore option to clean everything out BEFORE I nandroid, or should I do it now while it is running good? Also, should I backup with the kernel that came with LSD or should I flash the new PhilZ kernel and then back it up?

Upvote 0
U can (but don`t have to) flash new PhilZ and do nandroid backup while its all working good.

Ok. Im also wondering about the restore option in the theme. Should I run that first and then nandroid to make sure everything is back to stock?

Should I "fix permissions" too before nandroid?

Just wondering what I should and shouldn't do before nandroiding it.

Upvote 0
I strayed over to the dark side. I flashed an AOKP rom 2 days ago. And I quite liked it. It was fast, plenty of options for customisation.

Then this morning I was out trying to find a garage. I needed to text and get the address sent over so I could navigate to it. And bang, no signal. Right in the heart of Birmingham, no signal. So I tried toggling airplane mode on/off several times. Nothing. Dreading the wasted journey and drive home, in desperation I rebooted. And I got a signal. In fact it was showing full 4 bars on indicator and H+, without me even moving the car from where I had parked in order to sort the problem out.

So once I have done the school run, I will be returning to Neatrom. Sorry for ever doubting your work Sale. :thumb:

Upvote 0
Hello all,
I last messed with my phone in Sept :eek: I put NeatROM on it, and can't remember what else I did to it. Now I'm having a lot of issues with random shut down, dropping signal, battery suddenly dropping, battery indicator not being accurate. So reflashing is probably the best way forward right now.

I'm confused by all this LSD and LSJ and LS8 stuff though. Anyone care to explain? Am I best just downloading the latest version? I don't want it to do anything fancy, just want it to work reliably again and without bloatware :eek:

Upvote 0
Hello all,
I last messed with my phone in Sept :eek: I put NeatROM on it, and can't remember what else I did to it. Now I'm having a lot of issues with random shut down, dropping signal, battery suddenly dropping, battery indicator not being accurate. So reflashing is probably the best way forward right now.

I'm confused by all this LSD and LSJ and LS8 stuff though. Anyone care to explain? Am I best just downloading the latest version? I don't want it to do anything fancy, just want it to work reliably again and without bloatware :eek:

Hello

They are just different releases for differing areas but there are aspects of functionality "missing" from each release.

From my perspective having tried them all i would recommend the original LSJ Neat Rom (ver4.0) for stability and functionality as well as quite a few mods being available, you can then flash Siyah kernel if you want to tweak a bit more

Reactions: Rayin
Upvote 0
Okay so I put the latest neatrom on and it worked okay all morning. Then started getting the same issues as before. Was browsing Facebook on 90ish % battery when it shut itself off, turned it back on to 'connect your charger' and 'no signal'. Opened Dropbox to transfer a screen shot and it shut down again. Turned it back on to 37% battery and 'no signal'. Signal now found but it does intermittently drop off. It's looking like, in my non expert opinion, this is not a rom issue. Is my phone broke? Is it the battery? Bit disappointed as I still have 7 months left on the contract

Sorry for the off topic :rolleyes:

Oh and this probably doesn't help but...

Screenshot_2013-03-08-11-46-56_zps54f6d814.png

Upvote 0
Okay so I put the latest neatrom on and it worked okay all morning. Then started getting the same issues as before. Was browsing Facebook on 90ish % battery when it shut itself off, turned it back on to 'connect your charger' and 'no signal'. Opened Dropbox to transfer a screen shot and it shut down again. Turned it back on to 37% battery and 'no signal'. Signal now found but it does intermittently drop off. It's looking like, in my non expert opinion, this is not a rom issue. Is my phone broke? Is it the battery? Bit disappointed as I still have 7 months left on the contract

Sorry for the off topic :rolleyes:

Oh and this probably doesn't help but...

Screenshot_2013-03-08-11-46-56_zps54f6d814.png

Hello

Did you wipe data, cache and dalvik ? if not try that , can you also let us know where you are and who your carrier is as this could just be a modem related problem

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'm in UK on o2. Yes I wiped everything, following the instructions for full wipe on neatrom thread on xda.

Have a quick look at your battery stats to see what is eating it all up, it will take a few days to settle, if it is a modem issue that can drain your battery as its looking for signal.

Wait to see if Ironass or Hawker log on as they will be able to give you better guidance on modem issues.

Finally if it is a hardware issue you should still be under warrantee but will have to flash back to your CSC ROM before you can send it in

Reactions: Rayin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones