• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a good sync app

I use my Note 1 as a business phone with about 480 contacts in it, holding client information.
The contacts are often updated so I sync with Outlook on my Windows XP PC every day - or rather, try to.
Samsung Kies was a waste of space so I tried Mobisyapse mOffice which worked OK for a few weeks but now it won't sync at least every 9 out of 10 attempts, very frustrating.

I need a simple setup to allow me to sync over USB, just like my BlackBerrys did so well.
Does anyone know of a a good syncing app to use over USB?

Reactions: zds
Upvote 0
I use my Note 1 as a business phone with about 480 contacts in it, holding client information.
The contacts are often updated so I sync with Outlook on my Windows XP PC every day - or rather, try to.
Samsung Kies was a waste of space
so I tried Mobisyapse mOffice which worked OK for a few weeks but now it won't sync at least every 9 out of 10 attempts, very frustrating.

I need a simple setup to allow me to sync over USB, just like my BlackBerrys did so well.
Does anyone know of a a good syncing app to use over USB?

Same here. Lots of people sync using Google calendars but personally I don’t trust the cloud. So I use Outlook 2007 for both Contacts and Calendar and sync them to the Note's Contacts and S Planner using MyPhoneExplorer. I enter appointments etc either into Outlook or into S Planner and they sync to each other with no problems. It also does calls, messages, and files though I don’t use those features myself.

MyPhoneExplorer does much more than syncing C&C though and you can check its many features at either Google Play at FJ Software Development.

It runs on your PC and installs an app on the phone as well though I can not recall whether it did the latter automatically.

Reactions: zds
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones