• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a music app for my car

Dstruct88

Lurker
Mar 28, 2018
Hello
Looking for the perfect car app for android based head unit..

I have searched and searched, even tried and tested a good dozen now and the best I have found that suits me is Pi Player buuuut its not perfect because when you browse through folders, it only gives you half the screen, horizonatally at least though, unlike the stock music player which gives you 1/4 of the screen vertically which is awful.

Some apps I have tried take far too long load up, some even have to import all the music from my USB stick every single time I launch the app (Switch the car on, which is terrible)

So what I want:

A Android Music app for my car so needs to run in landscape mode, that has good support of playing from USB storage and has a browse folder feature.. which must have a *good interface for making browsing through all the folders and then individual songs nice and easy*.
Ideally will have some extra features such as auto play on power on, widgets etc.....

Thats the main thing, just want it to obviously load my music instantly like Pi Player does but give me the whole of screen to browse through my folders making it nice and easy within a nice interface

Any recommendations please fire them away

Think the issue is that many music players are just designed for portrait vertical mode operation, probably because the devs think that most people are using them on phones. As for recommended a suitable player for car use that can do landscape horizontal, and can browse and play folders on removable USB storage media, no ideas sorry.

What exact Android head unit is it, make, model, and Android version? And what's its stock music player like?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones