• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need guidance with battery % mod

Extremely noob when it comes to theming / modding, but I fugure practice makes perfect, so I'm attempting a little project to replace the battery % icons in an ICS theme for CM7. The theme is from the market found HERE. I would like to replace the battery % icons with THESE ones. I'm assuming since these are just .png files it doesn't matter that they're for a Galaxy S... or does it? I tried adding all the .png files to the drawable-hdpi folder in the ICS theme, and it worked for a second, but then it rebooted and the theme went missing from theme chooser. Tried to reinstall but it fails. I think the problem may be that there's fewer battery icons in the ICS theme (5% increments) than there are in the battery % mod (1% increments). However, when I switch to the battery % display in CM7, they are in 1% increments. I think these are the ones I need to replace, but I can't find where they are located. Hopefully someone understands what I'm trying to do and can provide a little assistance, or let me know if this is even possible with the files I have on hand. Alternatively, anyone who wants to do this mod and create a flashable zip, please feel free to do so ;)

So I went back through and replaced only the .png files that existed in the ICS theme .apk, and excluded the rest of the images from the battery % mod, with the idea that the extra images were what was causing the problems. All files were named exactly as they were in the theme .apk. Still no go, theme .apk will not install. I'm either missing a step, or these .png's are not compatible. Any help is appreciated...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones