1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need guidance with battery % mod

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kegelinanger, Dec 29, 2011.

1. kegelinanger

kegelinanger Newbie

Extremely noob when it comes to theming / modding, but I fugure practice makes perfect, so I'm attempting a little project to replace the battery % icons in an ICS theme for CM7. The theme is from the market found HERE. I would like to replace the battery % icons with THESE ones. I'm assuming since these are just .png files it doesn't matter that they're for a Galaxy S... or does it? I tried adding all the .png files to the drawable-hdpi folder in the ICS theme, and it worked for a second, but then it rebooted and the theme went missing from theme chooser. Tried to reinstall but it fails. I think the problem may be that there's fewer battery icons in the ICS theme (5% increments) than there are in the battery % mod (1% increments). However, when I switch to the battery % display in CM7, they are in 1% increments. I think these are the ones I need to replace, but I can't find where they are located. Hopefully someone understands what I'm trying to do and can provide a little assistance, or let me know if this is even possible with the files I have on hand. Alternatively, anyone who wants to do this mod and create a flashable zip, please feel free to do so ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kegelinanger

kegelinanger Newbie

So I went back through and replaced only the .png files that existed in the ICS theme .apk, and excluded the rest of the images from the battery % mod, with the idea that the extra images were what was causing the problems. All files were named exactly as they were in the theme .apk. Still no go, theme .apk will not install. I'm either missing a step, or these .png's are not compatible. Any help is appreciated...

3. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Sign the apk?

4. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

you could have messes up indexed png's maybe... did you mess with any other xml files?

5. kegelinanger

kegelinanger Newbie

I didn't touch any xml files, I simply replaced the png images. Do I have to modify or replace a xml file to make the new png's compatible?

What about using something like Zipthemer? What are all the files that I would need?

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews