• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help Convincing my Mom to Get an HTC Evo 4G (for herself)

I am surrounded by iPhone fans at home and they seem to think that it's the best technology has to offer.

I showed my mom the Evo 4G in private because my sister seems to just get mad when I say anything that is "anti-iPhone." :rolleyes: She is already very interested. It seems that the only thing holding her back is the pricing (Sprint vs. AT&T)

Look - I'm not looking for another Apple vs. Google/HTC debate.

I just want you guys to tell me what other things I could say that would make her jump ship to Android. :)

I already showed her the HDMI capabilities (watch movies on the big screen from your phone), camera and some of the GUI.

I am surrounded by iPhone fans at home and they seem to think that it's the best technology has to offer.

I showed my mom the Evo 4G in private because my sister seems to just get mad when I say anything that is "anti-iPhone." :rolleyes: She is already very interested. It seems that the only thing holding her back is the pricing (Sprint vs. AT&T)

Look - I'm not looking for another Apple vs. Google/HTC debate.

I just want you guys to tell me what other things I could say that would make her jump ship to Android. :)

I already showed her the HDMI capabilities (watch movies on the big screen from your phone), camera and some of the GUI.

Well, if the features don't get her on-board, you might try the stats on how Android devices are now beginning to overtake iPhone.

That's not small potatoes; Android is the new kid on the block in some ways, but has come out swinging and really has a lot to offer, from a growing apps Market to better configurability.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones