1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help modifying vold.fstab

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Change Internal for MicSD, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Change Internal for MicSD

Hi! First of all I want to say I'm new here!
    So I'll go directly to the point!
    I've seen people change their Internal Memory for their MicroSD.
    But haven't been able to find how to do it for my phone is and LG and android version is 4.1.2
    There are some lines that I don't know what to write on them to make the change correctly, I would also like to know how can I restore my phone in-case something goes wrong. :)

[​IMG]
    I need help as soon as possible :D

Carlos Arroyo likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

I don't think you want to mess around with the fstab file. If you are rooted, I believe there are apps to do what I think it is you want to do.

3. Carlos Arroyo

Carlos Arroyo Newbie

Well if you can link me to an app that changes my Internal for External it will be great, but not onlyfor putting the data of the apps theirs, I want everything to be installed ONLY on the EXTERNALSD

4. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

This may or may not help you. I can't guarantee that apps will be installed on the external SD, but the complete app can be moved there following installation. You must be rooted to use that app though.

As far as installation to the external SD card, I'm not sure that's even possible. Be careful when modifying system files because you can very quickly end up with a brick (happened to me).

5. Carlos Arroyo

Carlos Arroyo Newbie

Well yeah, That's exactly why I didn't mess up with the vold.fstab, I could have damaged the phone so yeah...

6. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Uhhh.....YEAH! DO NOT fool around with vold.fstab! You know not what you do! Ya just can't mess with system files willy-nilly without a clue what you're doing. Your phone will be a high-tech paperweight.

7. Carlos Arroyo

Carlos Arroyo Newbie

Somehow I know what I'm doing lol :D it's just in other phones it's different and in this one there is way more lines than there should be so that's what confuses me, anyways I won't be messing with that.

8. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Well, beg to differ...no offense intended, but if you really knew what you were doing you wouldn't be asking for help and you would know what those lines are for...but it's your phone...

#8 Crashdamage, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  9. Carlos Arroyo

Carlos Arroyo Newbie

Haha don't worry yeah guess that's kinda true... guess it's a little bit more complicated with this one...

10. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

11. Carlos Arroyo

Carlos Arroyo Newbie