• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help rooting Motorola Milestone from MTS

bluntman 37

Jan 18, 2012
I have had my Android for a few months now and I have been trying for the last few weeks to root it, but so far none of the guides I have read anywhere have done the job for me...can anyone dumb the steps down or post a video so i can finally get this done? any help is appreciated.

You must use the steps for the Motorola Droid, they are near identical and the rooting steps are the same. I have the A854 (MTS Motorola Milestone)

chart

Use a barcode scanner or google googles, install "Universal Androot" This is the tool I used. If it can root your phone it will, if not it will not harm it.

That's it as far as rooting goes. Your next step is to download "rom manager" by clockwork. Then pick a rom out of here Droid - ROMs - Android Forums
Save it to your sd card, no extraction necessary, and use rom manager to install rom from zip

Post any questions or concerns about the steps and mention how it goes

Reactions: bluntman 37
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones