• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with Hosts file

alan0506

Lurker
Feb 7, 2017
So my phone was rooted for quite a long time ago and I had quite a few problems with my hosts file which I all fixed.
Now both my youtube and play store don't work
But now I started using lucky patcher as an addblock and it worked perfectly but after about 2 months it all broke all the begging of the hosts file has the right IPs but it is folowed by a command saying #lucky patcher add block start# or something along those lines followed by around 1000 other ips and website names. So I tried to delete it and fix the ip, didn't work.
Cancel the addblock within lucky patcher, didn't work.
Deny lucky patcher root access, didn't work
Restore host files using lucky patcher, also didn't work
Delete lucky patcher, didn't work
Factory reset phone, didn't work
I searched a lot of the web for an answer didn't find one.
Even tried deleting whole etc. Folder

Whatever I do once I fix it and restart the phone all the additional ips re apear

So is this a problem with the hosts file or is it something else that is causing this problem.
Although I managed to fix youtube by downgrading it the same thing won't work with Google play.
(Also might be worth mentioning that my device does manage do sync with my Google account, unlike other times I had hosts file problems)

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Please stop using Lucky Patcher. It enables people to skip paying for 'pay-for' apps, essentially denying developers from getting paid. Some developers charge for their apps, some rely on ad revenue. If you really, really hate ads and are using an app that includes ads you could either pay for the no-ad version (when that option is available) or just stop using that app.

As for if your altered Hosts file is causing your problem, why not just comment out (#) all your added items (except the localhost entry of course) and see if things return to normal?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones