• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NEED to disable Sense Flip Clock &Weather

Just got my new tablet that is running KitKat. Sense Flip Clock & Weather came pre-installed. There is no apparent way to uninstall it short of rooting the tablet, and when I call it up in Settings, I can click on Stop, and it stops for maybe a minute, then comes eight back. About every minute a banner notice appears across the bottom of the screen announcing that the program is denied access to my location, despite the fact that I've set permission for apps to access my location. There are NO controls for settings available from the app itself, and everything I've done from the Settings menu hasn't worked. Please help--this recurring banner is making me nuts.

Can you not just remove the widget from your homescreen? With most launchers (the app that produces the homescreens and app drawer) pressing and holding the widget should give you the option to remove it.

I had already removed it from my home screen. But now for a little egg on my face, as the solution might help someone else sometime. All I needed to do was to reboot. On reboot, the app stayed stopped. Rebooting is usually one of the first things I do in such situations, but I'd been down with a bug and it just didn't occur to me. It's not just the cyber viruses that can contribute to computer problems.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones