• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to get rid of 4.1 and go back to 4.0.4 how do I do this?

Lbar

Lurker
Oct 8, 2012
Hey guys, first post. I do not mess with my phones, they're a tool to me. I'm not totally clueless though, I keep up with what goes on in the phone world for when I occasionally tangle up with iPhone fanboy. My VZW Galaxy Nexus updated to 4.1 a couple weeks ago. It's brought up two negative issues, the most important one being an app I use for work no longer sets off the Alerts I set. They use to pop up on my phone almost like a text message would. Now, even though all the settings are correct it doesn't do it. This is a deal breaker for me, I can't be without this. So I need to switch back to 4.0.4.

Could one of you pros help me with this. Assume I know nothing about how to modify the operating system (because I don't.) And if it's going to possibly wipe my phone I need to know how to back it up. I've looked around but most of the discussion online is between people who know what they're talking about and there is a disconnect in that conversation to someone who is an outsider like me. Also I think I may be the first person on earth to want to get rid of Jelly Bean.

Thanks

Might i welcome you to the forums Lbar, glad to have you :)

I am also on Verizon but i have rooted my GNex so that i can have whatever system i want on it, and technically you could also do the same thing, root your device and put ICS (4.0.4) on it.

You could potentially follow one of the guides here: (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root - Android Forums

And in a days time have 4.0.4 on your device again, might i suggest getting Cyanogen Mod 9.0, here is a direct link: CyanogenMod Downloads

This is after the rooting process of course.

Hopefully i am not blowing your mind right now haha! ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones