• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Netflix work around? Is there a chance in hell this could work?

ugh.. didnt know you had to actually sign up for this... $7.99 a month, Ill pass..

I got to the sign in screen using the Nexus S and samsung settings..

Yea its 8 bucks a month, but I'd probably pay 20 a month for netflix. Theres something for everyone. Works great on pc, ps3, xbox...We fired bright house because of netflix. saved us bunches. to each their own i suppose.

Reactions: MoneyHoarder87
Upvote 0
I cant fire BH... My wife would divorce me..

Lmao! It was a struggle for me...I have to confess I actually pay for Hulu Plus too for that reason..which is only another 7 bucks a month. It just killed me paying 60 dollars a month to watch comedy central, trutv, and the history channel. And this BH on demand is hooorrrible with these scientific atlanta boxes!

Upvote 0
My ex has netflix, I have his log in info, so I just use it, and then only watch the streaming videos, obviously I can't get any of the ones they have to mail cuz they would go to his house not mine. He knows I am doing this, so if you know someone who has a netflix account you can ask them for their log in info, and share the account. It doesn't matter if you live together or anything.....He can stream a movie to his computer at the same time I stream one to my computer, while I am across town, and it will work for both of us....I also know other people who are sharing accounts.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
I can confirm that the xda no device app works.. but i keep getting some weird audio pops.. even OC'ed to 710 on wifi with full signal and 1Mbps connection.. arrgh lol.. maybe im one of the unlucky ones.. gonna maybe try the OC kernel and bump higher up..

Won't install onto my ascend for some reason.. And also, when I try to go the ES file explorer route, the changes I make in the code won't save. I get an error message saying "There was an error trying to save, do you want to close anyway?"

Upvote 0
I have the xda no-device check version of the app.. and now there's an update on the android market such that the app tells me I can't run it without the update. If I download it, will I not be able to use Netflix anymore? Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I imagine it will replace the xda version and therefore, not work.

Upvote 0
I have the xda no-device check version of the app.. and now there's an update on the android market such that the app tells me I can't run it without the update. If I download it, will I not be able to use Netflix anymore? Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I imagine it will replace the xda version and therefore, not work.

Netflix Removes Device Check, Should Work on Most Android Devices (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Nevermind. The market update WAS removing the device check, even though the description on the app's page has it only working for a handful of devices. This worked for me anyway.

Upvote 0
So Netflix had been working just fine for me up until a few days ago. I can still log in and everything but it says it'a been deactivated for my device. I was curious as to whether anyone else had the same problem (maybe Netflix deactivated it?) or if maybe it's just a problem with my particular account. Anyone?
Do you have the version from XDA installed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones