• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Netflix work around? Is there a chance in hell this could work?

I am still wondering why anyone has to do a fix to make netflix work. I downloaded it from the market and it runs great. I did this on my last flash and I just flashed to kmod this morning and downloaded netflix and it is up and running with no problems. I even checked in my netflix account under devices and it showed it as being a huawei. What is the deal. Am I just getting lucky or does the fix need to be done if you are not running CM7.
Thanks

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I am still wondering why anyone has to do a fix to make netflix work. I downloaded it from the market and it runs great. I did this on my last flash and I just flashed to kmod this morning and downloaded netflix and it is up and running with no problems. I even checked in my netflix account under devices and it showed it as being a huawei. What is the deal. Am I just getting lucky or does the fix need to be done if you are not running CM7.
Thanks

I'm running PG's CM7.1 06242011 and it works fine straight from the market for me too.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Thanks
When the netflix app was first release it had a device check in it. Since then its been hacked to remove it n I think it just plain doesnt have one now.

Upvote 0
Im running CM7 05212011 and on wifi the sound chops a little bit, but not the video, Im OC to 652Mhz, (I think I got a lazy ascend)

does anyone else have problems with the audio?

might be your data thats going in and out, use wifi for streaming movies from netflix and the sound, well the problem is the 2.5 mm jack that huawei decided to put in and they should be ashamed of them self...

Upvote 0
Im running CM7 05212011 and on wifi the sound chops a little bit, but not the video, Im OC to 652Mhz, (I think I got a lazy ascend)

does anyone else have problems with the audio?

I tried the xda version a month or so back and had random pops in the sound also on wifi a 1 MB/s (1000 kb/s) down speed and OC to 710.. haven't tried it again lately though so your not alone.. Haven't seen a specific patch for it

Upvote 0
I tried the xda version a month or so back and had random pops in the sound also on wifi a 1 MB/s (1000 kb/s) down speed and OC to 710.. haven't tried it again lately though so your not alone.. Haven't seen a specific patch for it

Weird, I've been using it since XDA came out with it, and I haven't had any audio or video issues. Its been flawless for me, except for slow menus.

Upvote 0
whenever I lg into netflix i can see all the ques fine but when i try to start a movie the screen goes black. I have my build.prop set to htc vision this has been happing for 2 days now. need help. might never watch netflix on my phone again. Thanks, modman

you dont need to edit the build.prop for netflix to work, restore the original build.prop and uninstall and reinstall the app again, and make sure wifi is on or 3g if your with cricket.

Reactions: Modman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones