• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW and NEED HELP!!!

Hi!
I just got my HTC hero about 2 weeks ago and I'm clueless! What should I do first?? I would greatly appreciate simple ish instructions, as if your talking to a child! I'm seriously not tech savvy but I really would like to use my new phone to the best of my ability! Thanks so much!!
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

first so online and do a google search for a full manual for your phone ... there is a pdf file of it ..

moving this post to the HERO forum where you should ask specific questions ...

Upvote 0
Welcome aboard!

You probably have a Sprint Hero, not the GSM Hero (where they moved your post to).

My advice would be to set up all your contacts as Google Contacts so that they can be backed up to your google account. Other then that, PLAY WITH THE PHONE, get into the menus and see what does what!

Upvote 0
Hi!
I just got my HTC hero about 2 weeks ago and I'm clueless! What should I do first?? I would greatly appreciate simple ish instructions, as if your talking to a child! I'm seriously not tech savvy but I really would like to use my new phone to the best of my ability! Thanks so much!!

My first suggestion is to save all of your contacts as Google contacts (not phone) so that they are backed up in case you ever need to reset your phone or transfer the numbers to another phone

Upvote 0
Some good tips:

check for updates occassionally by going to menu-settings-about phone-system updates

be aware of how many apps you download because using up all of the internal phone storage can lead to problems, you can check this by going to menu-settings-SD card and phone storage

clear cache occassionally to free up space by going to menu-settings-applications-manage applications (helpful to sort by size) some apps that save cache include the browser, albums, people

Some useful free apps to get in the market:

Astro- its a file manager program that allows you to see all of the files on your SD card, create folders, move files to different folder

Ringdroid- easy way to make ringtones, alarms, notification sounds from your MP3s

Yellowbook and OI Shopping List are some others I've found useful

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones