• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android convert.

Honestly I had intended to lurk around and learn a little more before I made my introductory post, but I have an issue that I haven't been able to figure out just yet.

First, the background! We've been a Palm family for the past two years. WebOS was impressive, coming from our feature phone background. Long story cut short, the phone committed suicide off a 4ft ledge on to hospital grade linoleum, and instead of filing insurance I decided to just pick up a "new" phone from the certified pre-owned (early upgrade not effective for a bit yet) list. Enter my "new" HTC Droid Eris.

Where has Android been all my life? Or at least for the past 3 years? I'm hooked, to the point where we're already planning on filing our next month upgrades for a Thunderbolt (wifey) and Revolution (me but honestly still undecided, I like the Thunderbolt a lot too).

I'm a little above average computer literacy but definitely not to the technical degree I've seen displayed by many of the members here. I work as a freelance web developer, dealing primarily with PHP and MySQL... I run Linux (debian based ftw) but I also run Windows. I'm a pinch hitter. I guess what I'm saying is I tinker, but sometimes I have questions that I need to pose to much smarter people like yourselves!

So without much further ado, I have a question...

Reactions: shawn1224

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones