• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new baseband

FWIW, I got robbed of signal when the baseband changed in the 2.01 to 2.1 release. I tried several basebands and the "official" one recently released, which is said to be different than the "original" C_01.43.01P released months ago despite the same version # - C_01.43.01P - has proven to make a difference the others did not.

I got mine via Pete's last week. I notice a difference.

Upvote 0
Man I am having trouble again changing the Baseband. I go to rom manager, click on install Rom, find the file on the sd card, install and reboot. The baseband loads on but seems to stall on wirting rdl/bp image.. but then it reboots and I do not get a prompt to reactivate the phone, it just reboots as if I just turned it on.

I thought it was maybe the recovery was broken, so I flashed a new recovery and it told me the baseband was loaded but then the prompt came up at the top of the screen to choose file from SD card again. I did and it seemed to do the same thing. I turned the phone off and back on but was not prompted to reactivate the phone so I am assuming the new updated baseband has not been installed. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I never got a "prompt" to reactivate, I just did the *22891

and Petes steps confirm as much

1. Download C_01.43.01P.zip
2. Place on sdcard
3. Boot into recovery mode
4. Choose and install C_01.43.01P.zip (Do not wipe data & cache!)
5. Reboot your Droid
6. Dial *22891 To update your roaming capabilities (optional)

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me. Sometimes I just take off and go without reading all the way though. I have found out that can be bad news when flashing new or differnt items to the phone. I almost really screwed things up last night but somehow got out of it.
I flashed the new baseband and did not notice a differnce which is probably a good thing since the sound quality of my outgoing calls improved greatly with that baseband. The signal may be better but I cannot really tell.
After flashing the new baseband I still cannot match the signal of my wifes Incredible. The dinc seems to be about -5 better in almost every location.

Upvote 0
http://www.blogger.com/delete-comment.g?blogID=13274641918901056&postID=3414085819188700381According to Pete's Blog:
blank.gif

Anonymous said... This is very cool, but I was curious - can this be applied over any previous version, or are there intermediate prerequisite versions I need to install first?
8/5/10 2:12 PM http://www.blogger.com/delete-comment.g?blogID=13274641918901056&postID=7380843406454211587
Peter Alfonso said... It can be applied over any, no prerequisite required.
8/5/10 2:19 PM

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones