• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sntaylor

Android Expert
Jan 20, 2012
Ayrshire, scotland
Hey guys,I need a new battery for the Mrs to start using my s2, it's a stock size that I'm after though, physically that is, cheaper the better but obviously has to decent quality. I had seen this one but given its 1900mhz I'm assuming it's the extended battery which wouldn't fit normal backing etc!?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00567Y7A6/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/275-2670954-3007228

Otherwise do you think I'd be as well getting a Samsung one like for like?

:) cheers

Hey guys,I need a new battery for the Mrs to start using my s2, it's a stock size that I'm after though, physically that is, cheaper the better but obviously has to decent quality. I had seen this one but given its 1900mhz I'm assuming it's the extended battery which wouldn't fit normal backing etc!?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00567Y7A6/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/275-2670954-3007228

Otherwise do you think I'd be as well getting a Samsung one like for like?

:) cheers

I used that battery for almost 2 years, was better than the "stock"battery and no performance issues. Certainly didn't melt my phone. I'd highly recommend it!

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
I was visiting CERN with other Physics teachers from the UK in December and we were visiting a particle detectors called CMS (Compact Muon Solenoid). The LHC was running so we couldn't go down to the tunnel but we were as close as we could get when I thought I would try and measure the magnetic field strength using an app I have as we were essentially standing above a massive electromagnet. When I loaded it up it was reading 0 which is strange as the earth's magnetic field is normally between about 30 and 50 microT. I restarted my phone and when I did the battery level went down from about 60% to 5% and lost all power not long after. It was never the same again so I had to buy a new one the week after. It might have been a coincidence but I like to think that the LHC killed my battery.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones