1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sntaylor, Jul 4, 2013.

1. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

Hey guys,I need a new battery for the Mrs to start using my s2, it's a stock size that I'm after though, physically that is, cheaper the better but obviously has to decent quality. I had seen this one but given its 1900mhz I'm assuming it's the extended battery which wouldn't fit normal backing etc!?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00567Y7A6/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/275-2670954-3007228

Otherwise do you think I'd be as well getting a Samsung one like for like?

:) cheers

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

Then again I just saw a video on this battery suggesting it is still the same size as Samsung stock?
    YouTube

3. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

sntaylor likes this.
  4. Sydney99

Sydney99 Android Expert

I used that battery for almost 2 years, was better than the "stock"battery and no performance issues. Certainly didn't melt my phone. I'd highly recommend it!

sntaylor likes this.
  5. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

I think she feels at the moment at least that the original is ok for her usage just now but outta interest, is the anker battery any bigger than the stock one? Physically!

6. Sydney99

Sydney99 Android Expert

Nope, I chose it cuz it doesn't need bigger back panel, no heavier, and apart from label looks exactly the same as the original battery

sntaylor likes this.
  7. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

That's what I was hoping :) think in holding off for now but she may look for one sometime soon.Lol I know I bought anker ones for my s4 and they have been great which is why I was thinking if getting them for the s2 :) cheers mate

8. PsyCrow

PsyCrow Newbie

I got the pack with 2 batteries and a charger 6 months ago and it has been great.

true story - I think one of the particle detectors (CMS) at the LHC in CERN killed my original battery!!

sntaylor likes this.
  9. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

Ok you can't just leave us like that....we want more to this story!

10. PsyCrow

PsyCrow Newbie

I was visiting CERN with other Physics teachers from the UK in December and we were visiting a particle detectors called CMS (Compact Muon Solenoid). The LHC was running so we couldn't go down to the tunnel but we were as close as we could get when I thought I would try and measure the magnetic field strength using an app I have as we were essentially standing above a massive electromagnet. When I loaded it up it was reading 0 which is strange as the earth's magnetic field is normally between about 30 and 50 microT. I restarted my phone and when I did the battery level went down from about 60% to 5% and lost all power not long after. It was never the same again so I had to buy a new one the week after. It might have been a coincidence but I like to think that the LHC killed my battery.

sntaylor likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews