• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Dolphin beta

Beta is no different functionally than regular Dolphin. It scores higher on the html5 test, but I have yet to see where that has come in handy.

What beta does offer is that it still uses flash on JB whereas Dolphin does not.

It hangs for me quite often on some websites, and it can't bring up my router's admin page, Dolphin and Chrome can do it though. I had a co-worker test it on his router with beta and he gets the same result.
I sent them an email and they're working on it.

Upvote 0
Gave Dolphin a test run. It is indeed pretty fast! I'll switch to Dolphin and keep it if I can get use to it. Will keep Opera installed while I test Dolphin out s'more.

Dolphin needs an Exit button so you don't have to hit the back button to close it out all the way. Or is there one and I just don't see it?

Long press the back key and hit exit when the dialog box appears. Even if you have multiple tabs open this will pop up the dialog screen to exit. Works like a charm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones