• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new froyd ROM

yeah got it to the one like i had on vr12 ... no qwerty rubbish ,

i also got market to work by following slugs link . now i have what i need i will give it a few days to see wether its for me or not .... just one thing missing now and that the weather like on sense , i cant seem to find no apps that are live on homescreen like it was

Upvote 0
No they aren't.

I managed to grab one from the market called 'Fancy Widget' which is the same as the HTC Flipclock. It even has a 4 day forecast if you tap the weather. But it was completely identical so it got pulled due to copyright :p I'm sure there are ways to obtain it, but obviously I can't link you to it.

You can get this one, which has the flip clock (with lots of themes, including the a clone of the real thing), whether widgets (no full screen ones though) and toggle switches. It is paid though, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
heres my views on it so far

it crashes and reboots to often , not being able to resize widgets without paying for it is stupid , i have found it not any faster than vr12 , you need to be able to add more to the dock , apps dont open and force close to often . and its pretty ugly altho standard theme is the best one i found and is ok , qwerty is horrible , lack of weather is also a bummer , erm in other words i hate it with a passion

Have you fully wiped etc before installing it as I have had a few reboots but no where near as many as you are suggesting. Also, it is way faster than Vr12 for me.

Weather app is there too. I think you should spend a bit more time with it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones