• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New kies firmware 2.3.4

well ive been on 2.3.4 for a while, but just started using the official one. its got google video chat, on the Talk app.. and supposed to have much better battery life. i havent noticed much improvement in battery but the gTalk video app is nice :p there are a few other improvements that i dont remember. keep checking, KG5 should be rolling out on kies soon

Upvote 0
well ive been on 2.3.4 for a while, but just started using the official one. its got google video chat, on the Talk app.. and supposed to have much better battery life. i havent noticed much improvement in battery but the gTalk video app is nice :p there are a few other improvements that i dont remember. keep checking, KG5 should be rolling out on kies soon

Been using the leaked version of 2.3.4 too. Any chance this will come up as an auto update? KIES says something along the lines of "this firmware cannot be updated", and being sick of losing the progress on my games each time I flash, I want to go back to automatic updates that don't wipe the phone. Anyone know if it can be done? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Any improvements to Wi-Fi? I find it weak
compared to my old iPhone...

i never found a problem with the wifi so i cant comment on this, its always seemed fine to me t

however, i just flashed KG5, the official 2.3.4. im definitely noticing better battery life. for the first time. although, really annoying point.. and i mentioned this in many other places.. google talk does not have the video chat that it should.

Upvote 0
i never found a problem with the wifi so i cant comment on this, its always seemed fine to me t

however, i just flashed KG5, the official 2.3.4. im definitely noticing better battery life. for the first time. although, really annoying point.. and i mentioned this in many other places.. google talk does not have the video chat that it should.

Since you just flashed, can you take a look at my posts here and let me know if I'm on the right track please?

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...ing-firmware-baseband-help-2.html#post3049030

Thanks! :D

Upvote 0
I just run Kies in UK and it still say mi FW is the latest:

Attachments

• FW.jpg
    FW.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
i just updated last night, i no longer have that 2 second lag when i wake up the screen and go to unlock it. love that improvement!!

where's the google talk video option you guys are talking about? i don't see any menu options for it?

yes i think the lockscreen lag is improved. its almost instant now, or just takes about a second on mine, which is great. no complaints there any more

i assumed u upgraded via kies, to KG5. which means there's no google talk video yet. probably in the next update. annoying, i know. when u do have it, u dont have to mess with the settings, u'll just see a 'call' or 'video' icon next ur contacts in google talk, depending on ur contact

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones