• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
He just used Alltel as one example. There are plently of towers by different companies all over.

Yes, you want to do this. I generally do it once a month or so, but you could also just check out online when new versions are released and do it then.

Either way, it's quick and simple, takes about 2 minutes.

+1

I have been doing this almost once a month since I first joined VZW with this phone!

lg%20vx3100%202%20pics.jpg

Upvote 0
CAUTION!!!

Don't forget if you went into ##778 and changed the DUN NAI settings from "yourphonenumber@dun.vzw3g.com" to "yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com" so you can use the native 3G wifi tether app, you will need to go back and make those changes again or it takes you to Verizon's page and tells you that you need to subscribe to do use it. Just an FYI.

I don't think it would have done it if I hadn't accidentally pushed option #1 the first time. I don't think option #2 alone changes that, but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's what I thought, but the PRL was the only thing that changed before my 3G stopped working. Seems all better now, not sure what the issue was.

The PRL change did not cause it however, what did change is that the phone was rebooted. That is when people say the 3G stops right after a boot. Same had happened for me awhile ago but I have been lucky with reboots ever since.

Upvote 0
CAUTION!!!

Don't forget if you went into ##778 and changed the DUN NAI settings from "yourphonenumber@dun.vzw3g.com" to "yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com" so you can use the native 3G wifi tether app, you will need to go back and make those changes again or it takes you to Verizon's page and tells you that you need to subscribe to do use it. Just an FYI.

I don't think it would have done it if I hadn't accidentally pushed option #1 the first time. I don't think option #2 alone changes that, but I could be wrong.

I was right with this whole post until this one, now I'm really confused.

Can you explain this a little more??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones