1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General New to Android and need alil advice.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jason28leo, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Jason28leo

Jason28leo Lurker
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    I just bought an htc sen.. off the internet for a pretty good price . Does anyone know who I should talk to about getting a plan ? I want unlimited everything....how much is that gonna run me?

Advertisement

2. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CAD
    leeds uk
    juts go to a carrier store and ask for a sim only plan, and tell them what you want, you should get a really good deal, sim only plans are always alot cheaper.

Where are you from, do you have like a carphone wharehouse, who deal with all the carriers, that would be your best bet.

or use moneysupermarket.com, for instance first search i did SIM Card

3. deez1977

deez1977 Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Memphis TN
    At least in the US, be mindful of the fine print on data.

I recognize that the Sensation doesn't work on some of these carriers, but did want to provide a quick overview of data plans as I was carrier shopping a few weeks back. These are all based on a 2 year contract and prices below may vary a bit based upon where you live.

1--AT&T & Verizon do NOT have unlimited data plans. They have tiers with various prices (e.g. up to 2, 4, 6Gb a month) and then a per Gb charge for overages..For what its worth this is MUCH better than the per kb or mb overage fee that they used to charge. With unlimited voice and unlimited texting, AT&T's prices for the above are $115, $135, $155 respectively....can't remember Verizon exactly, but it was comparable.

2. Sprint--Their unlimited everything is $99 a month. (Sensation will NOT work on Sprint)

3. T-mobile--Their approach is a combo of the above. They have tiers for data (2, 5, and 10gb) but instead of charging if you go over, they slow your connection down until new month starts. With unlimited voice and texting, their prices for the above are $79, $89, and $119 respectively.

I personally have a Sensation on T-mobile.

As Johncf mentoined, there are lots of pre-paid carriers and plans available. Some of these plans are actually pretty competitive (I had the misconception until recently that pre-paid was expensive and didn't have ulimited plans available).

4. Carolina Media

None

Sep 2, 2011
    Cell Phone Dealer
    Charlotte, NC
    You pretty much need to go to T-Mobile to fully use the Sensation. Get the $79 unlimited plan unless you plan to use a ton of data. It gives you 2GB of HSPA+ (4G) data and it's very fast. Unless the one you bought is unlocked, it won't be able to use any carrier other than T-Mobile anyway, and if it is unlocked it won't be able to use 3G on AT&T.

5. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Female
    Overland Park, KS
    Agreed about going to T-Mobile to fully use the device. However, if you absolutely don't want to go that route, you can go to Straight Talk, which runs on T-Mo's network. They advertize $40 unlimited everything, but like deez1977 I'd be wary of the fine print.