• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

Hi all! I'm fairly new to Android. When I say fairly new, I mean only using emulators. I recently bought the new Sony Xperia TL and was curious to see everybody's thoughts and opinions on the phone.
Being quite new to Android and coming from all Apple products, I could also use any tips and tricks concerning ICS. And it is my understanding that JB will be available for the TL around February-March. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

TL;DR New, only used emulators, bought Xperia TL, tips wanted.

Hi Auth0r welcome to the forum. I don’t have too much experience with the TL but Sony Xperias are usually solid and dependable phones. I’m more of a Samsung or Motorola guy myself. Some of the things I don’t care for about the Experias are that there is no removable battery. If the battery goes out (which it will eventually, no battery lasts forever) replacing it can be a chore. I also don’t care for the notion that Sony doesn’t have a built in alternative reset which can fix issues that the phone might run into later. And the internal file management system isn’t as user friendly as Samsung or Motorola should you need to move around files or info, but you can download an app like Astro for that.

All in all though the specs look good, I think that you will be happy with it and I think you will love Android. Just watch what apps you download. If you download an app and your phone starts acting funny then it’s probably that app causing problems and you should uninstall it and not use it any more. Also if you notice your battery draining or data usage spikes all of a sudden then keep an eye on the apps that are running. Android can run apps or programs in the background sometimes and you might want to check up on them every once in a while ending the ones you don’t need running.

Enjoy and Welcome.

~James~

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones