• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to N1, a few issues, and questions

Erich

Mar 6, 2010
Really loving the features of Android, However 1 issue I have is the weather. Doesn't matter how I enter the information is displays the wrong area. I can enter city, state or zip code & it displays a town on the other side of the state. Anyone else have this issue & know how to fix it?
I downloaded Weather Channel app & it gets it right. But not fond of the graphics

My other desires would be:
The ability to use different notification tones for sms, email, etc...
Set a sms tone for each contact so I know who's texting me.

I have been modding phones for years, my latest venture was the iPhone (yeah I know) any way, I'm ready to start modding the nexus, just seems like there are so many different guides not sure which fits my N1.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

I also would like to get a protective case for it, but I hate to add bulk to it, so something really slim & a good screen protector.

Really loving the features of Android, However 1 issue I have is the weather. Doesn't matter how I enter the information is displays the wrong area. I can enter city, state or zip code & it displays a town on the other side of the state. Anyone else have this issue & know how to fix it?
I downloaded Weather Channel app & it gets it right. But not fond of the graphics

My other desires would be:
The ability to use different notification tones for sms, email, etc...
Set a sms tone for each contact so I know who's texting me.

I have been modding phones for years, my latest venture was the iPhone (yeah I know) any way, I'm ready to start modding the nexus, just seems like there are so many different guides not sure which fits my N1.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

I also would like to get a protective case for it, but I hate to add bulk to it, so something really slim & a good screen protector.

i use mabilo ringtones for all my notifications. you can download ringtones for free and set them from the app itself to partivular people if you want as well as set it as default.

i dont have that issue wit the weather, sorry cant help there.

as for cases look at epik. its what i use

Upvote 0

Are you looking to root? If so, it's not as if there are a great variety of different, exciting ways to do it. Take a look at this guide, though of course you can flash any other ROM that's not Cyanogen's through exactly the same procedure.

Upvote 0
@bugmerf, I installed mabilo, works great, would like to know if I could add a few of the stock ringtones to it. Decided to get a invisible sheild to keep the phone as slim as possible.

@grainysand, yes rooting is on the top of my list. Stock just isn't enough for me. I'm reading through the link you posted. Charging up the nexus & getting all the files I need. I'm assuming this guide works for the ERE27 build

I contacted Google & HTC neither of them can tell me why the weather reverts to a city close to 300 miles a way. The strange thing is the GPS locates me nearly perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones