• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie Help - App Subscriptions for Google Play

Rarena

Lurker
Nov 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to ask this- please redirect me to the proper thread if this isn't it!

I've submitted my first app to Google Play and I've gotten it close with a group of beta testers to where I want to do my big launch.

I want to set up an annual subscription for the app in Google Play but am having a hard time understanding the pieces that need to be in place for this to happen.

So far, I have the same app available in 2 different listings on the store (by accident really) and one version is free and the other has a fee to download.

I do not want a one time fee but an annual recurring subscription.

I have a subscription product id in the Developer dashboard created and says active.

1. What is needed to make sure my users will be asked to subscribe for the app instead of having perpetual access with a one time fee?

2. Does this work better with an in app purchase on a free download app?

3. How do you manage your subscribers if there is an issue?

4. Am I completely missing something? Or am I close?

Any help is appreciated. I know you all may cringe but I don't code currently and am trying to learn. I have worked in a drag and drop editor the past 2 years to make my app.

Looking forward to hearing back,

Richard

Welcome to Android Forums.
I hope this is the right place to ask this- please redirect me to the proper thread if this isn't it!
I can't answer any of your questions but this, sorry. :( You are most definitely asking in the right place. Hopefully someone can help. :)
I've submitted my first app to Google Play and I've gotten it close with a group of beta testers to where I want to do my big launch.
And just so I'm not a one trick pony, congratulations of nearing release and good luck!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones