• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie on the loose!

Howdy folks!

I purchased my Optimus M in July and, like many, have had issues with the applications freezing and the phone resetting, and every attempt to contact my cell carrier and the manufacturer only resulted in me banging my head against my desk. I was at a loss as to what I could do to resolve the issue and was at the point where I was going to either have this one fixed, or to purchase a new handset. That was until a friend suggested this site.

A thank you goes out to all the members who suggested upgrading the OS from the 2.2.1 OS to the 2.2.2 OS because my phone is finally functioning correctly. Although, I may end up rooting the phone (once I've done enough research and understand the process a bit better).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones