• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 - Sell it to me

In sunlight the N4 screen is much better than the S3. Power and volume down at the same time is a screen shot on Android. Some people like Touchwiz, but I don't know why. I've had an S2 and S3 and the experience sucks compared to Android.

Comparing an s2 to an s3 is like comparing the nexus s 4g to the n4 though. There different classes of phones. To me touchwiz is just more user friendly. Like I said I like my n4 and I can see why a lot of people like it. But it wasn't the life changing experience some people make it out to be and after using it a few days I really missed my s3. I use my s3 as my everyday phone and just break out the n4 to play around with every now and then.

Upvote 0
I owned an Atrix 2 before I got my Nexus 4. The Atrix is a mighty fine phone BUT it has all the attendant Samsung crapware. AND it was tied to AT&T. (I only still have AT&T because of reception issues). The Nexus 4 -while called vanilla by some - is a sleek non-crapware fast, reliable, and visually stunning phone. I want the pure Android experience and the immediate updates which I could never get on the Atrix 2 because it was last years model for Samsung. No LTE? you are correct! Does it really matter? I haven't cared since I live in the land of nod when it comes to reception. Love the phone. Buy the phone. BE the phone.... Oops. Got carried away,,,,

Upvote 0
  1. Vanilla Android - Pure with no manufacture overlay.
  2. Google Spec'd hardware - Hardware spec'd to Google preferences.
  3. Priority software updates - You get the updates before the non Nexus devices.
  4. Awesome looks - It's a Q-Smartphone. Similar to those Q-Cars. No one knows about it and just how powerful this thing is!
  5. Very exclusive - I know no one personally that has one and I've not seen anyone else use one. There not in the stores! I like that.

Yes there's other phones out there but they are a lot more money. Are they worth the extra cash? Meh.

Go grab one. Simple really.

Upvote 0
  1. Vanilla Android - Pure with no manufacture overlay.
  2. Google Spec'd hardware - Hardware spec'd to Google preferences.
  3. Priority software updates - You get the updates before the non Nexus devices.
  4. Awesome looks - It's a Q-Smartphone. Similar to those Q-Cars. No one knows about it and just how powerful this thing is!
  5. Very exclusive - I know no one personally that has one and I've not seen anyone else use one. There not in the stores! I like that.

Yes there's other phones out there but they are a lot more money. Are they worth the extra cash? Meh.

Go grab one. Simple really.

I love number 5. I only know one other person that has the nexus 4. I love when people ask me "what is that phone. I have never seen it before?"

Upvote 0
I'm planning to buy the Nexus 4 for these reasons:
* No manufacturer overlays (skins; touchwiz, Sense, motoblur etc.)
* faster upgrades (Motorola once refused to upgrade a phone simply because it was too difficult to integrate motoblur into the upgrade)
* no encrypted bootloader
* price = $299.00 off-contract (why don't other manufacturers/carriers follow this example?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones