• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 vs LG Optimus g

yarin1312

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
what to buy? lets say that both of them is the same price, what you think what i sould buy?
the optimus advantage is the memory the camera the very intresting android and the 4g LTE, the advantage of the nexus is the very fast android updating and he popular than the optimus he get more roms than him and thats things, what do you think?

I think it comes down to which carrier you're going to use. Nexus 4 doesn't work on Sprint, So that leaves most likely AT&T or possibly T-Mobile. If you're going to use T-Mobile, get the Nexus 4 because it supports their HSPA+42 and LTE. If AT&T, it's a tougher choice and comes down to which of your points you value more. LTE & Camera, or fast updates and developer community.

Upvote 0
I think it comes down to which carrier you're going to use. Nexus 4 doesn't work on Sprint, So that leaves most likely AT&T or possibly T-Mobile. If you're going to use T-Mobile, get the Nexus 4 because it supports their HSPA+42 and LTE. If AT&T, it's a tougher choice and comes down to which of your points you value more. LTE & Camera, or fast updates and developer community.

What is this Sprint? the big question is how much time i have to wait for a update if i take the optimus? more time than samsungs phones? what about the roms? there is enought roms for the optimus too?

Upvote 0
What is this Sprint? the big question is how much time i have to wait for a update if i take the optimus? more time than samsungs phones? what about the roms? there is enought roms for the optimus too?
Judging by the response, I take it you're not in the US. Therefore most of my argument is not helpful since you're probably looking at international models.

I don't believe the development community is as large for the Optimus as it will be for top tier Samsung or Nexus phones. Updates from the OEM are vary from phone to phone, but the Nexus you can guarantee will be updated on time by Google. If you're interested in a developer community, the HTC One, Galaxy S4(I9505), and Nexus 4 have some of the largest ones around.

Upvote 0
Judging by the response, I take it you're not in the US. Therefore most of my argument is not helpful since you're probably looking at international models.

I don't believe the development community is as large for the Optimus as it will be for top tier Samsung or Nexus phones. Updates from the OEM are vary from phone to phone, but the Nexus you can guarantee will be updated on time by Google. If you're interested in a developer community, the HTC One, Galaxy S4(I9505), and Nexus 4 have some of the largest ones around.

Ya i'm not from USA, lets say that right now its your decision what did you chose?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones