• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6P/Android question please help

cudafish61

Lurker
Mar 10, 2016
I have been using a windows phone for the past few years. I must admit I loved the phone. My question is , the voice activation is my 2014 BMW would read my incoming text messages through my cars audio system I was also able to speak a reply which I could choose to send. Being able to do this was a feature on my windows phone not the car. I did not have to do anything other than pair my phone to the car and it worked. I can not get this to work with my Android phone. I've tried everything, what if anything am I doing wrong or need to do.

Thanks

Welcome to our AndroidForums, @cudafish61 :).

Don't know if this is the problem, but I had what I think was the same issue with my Nexus 5 (my previous device) on my car.

Turns out, I had to go into the settings and explicitly delete / remove the Nexus 5 from the car's system before it would let me add/pair my Nexus 6.

Hope it's that simple for you.

Cheers!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones