• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 7 Music.

As long as you are signed into the same google account on the phone it should just appear in the music app. When in the music app you might have to select all music in a drop down next to the headphone icon or hit the 3 dots (top right) and go to settings and do a manual refresh from server. Once its showing up you can then either stream it or download it to your device.

Upvote 0
There are many ways to get music on your phone.
What I do is plug it into my pc. You access it like any flash drive.
You will see the internal memory folders of the n7. Drag and drop your music from pc to music folder on the n7. Funny at the begining of each drag and drop you get a warning that the music is not supported and will not play. It does.
I also use power amp as my music player. I can't see using data to play music. Even though you can choose on device music in the embedded Google Play music player

Upvote 0
There are many ways to get music on your phone.
What I do is plug it into my pc. You access it like any flash drive.
You will see the internal memory folders of the n7. Drag and drop your music from pc to music folder on the n7. Funny at the begining of each drag and drop you get a warning that the music is not supported and will not play. It does.
I also use power amp as my music player. I can't see using data to play music. Even though you can choose on device music in the embedded Google Play music player
+1 - I do it the same way. It is the fastest especially if you want to transfer a lot of files. I do this also for videos where speed counts even more.

Suggest you encode your music in .mp3 and your videos in .mp4. For filetype conversion, use this program: Format Factory Home Page - Free media file format converter

And here is a little tutorial I made on how to handle this program: https://vimeo.com/9283805

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones