• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One full specs detailed, invite-only retail sales starting January 5th?

Luke99

Dec 10, 2009
qqvm1s.jpg

15hkjyb.jpg

141mces.jpg

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/23/exclusive-nexus-one-full-specs-detailed-invite-only-retail-sal/

January 5th to invites only??? Hmm i guess everyone is wondering what determines if you'll receive an invite.

I guess ill have to wait anyways. I just purchased the cliq in november, i dont think i should be purchasing a new phone so soon. Pus i'd like to actually see it in a few more videos and some video reviews.

Quick question, wasn't the DROID suppose to be the iphone killer and now the Nexus is suppose to be.

I dont think there'll ever be a phone produced outside of Apple that'll be an iphone killer...:cool:

Anyways take care

Upvote 0
Speaking of "iPhone killer", remember back when the LG Dare was about to be released? People referred to it as a potential iPhone killer. LOL in hindsight.

Sorry for the thread hijack. :)
Not really. The LG Dare was never considered an iphone killer. The LG Dare was a POS even before it was released and EVERYONE knew it due to the crap low res. small resistive screen, no apps market, crap OS and browser, ect. LG is NOT known for making quality phones to begin with.

This is a completely different situation with the Nexus. The specs and ALREADY proven HTC design and Android OS is going to doninate.

Upvote 0
Thumbs up on the 512MB RAM, thumbs down on the 512MB ROM. Why on earth would they not have spec'ed a phone with 1-2GB of ROM storage? I hope this means Android 2.1 will support app storage to your SD card.

Seriously if you take up that much space in apps , your prolly spending half your day scrolling through them.

Thats about the size people partition there SD cards for APPS2SD. Unless Android apps suddenly octople in average size thats plenty of room for 95% of users. The rest can root if needed.

The 512 of RAM >>>>>>>>>>>512 ROM in terms of importance.

Upvote 0
i know i wont be lucky enough
This comment reminded me about the "I'm feeling lucky" mystery timer.
N1 release is rumored for Jan 5th, but the timer hits zero on Jan 1st.
Is it possible there's a connection between "lucky" people and the invite-only list? Hmm...
Some may remember that Google used its main page to advertise the release of G1.

Just something to chew on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones