• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL Mobile Live is OUT for the Droid!

Won't load on my stock Droid, I get the "only for Verizon customers" error. Curious if it has to do with the OTA 2.1 vs. the first day "leaked" 2.1. I am running the first day file, and even received a "congrats" email from Verizon. Weird

I forced my update after the OTA started using the update.zip file on the forums here. Never received the "congrats" email. My droid is still stock.

I used the link to download NFL mobile, then I looked on the market under the Verizon tab and clicked install from there and it handled it like an update to an app. It worked both before and after I got it from the market.

Upvote 0
I forced my update after the OTA started using the update.zip file on the forums here. Never received the "congrats" email. My droid is still stock.

I used the link to download NFL mobile, then I looked on the market under the Verizon tab and clicked install from there and it handled it like an update to an app. It worked both before and after I got it from the market.

Tried and failed, I'd imagine a fix may be in the works. Or, it's regional for some reason.

Upvote 0
Tried and failed, I'd imagine a fix may be in the works. Or, it's regional for some reason.

Make sure you are not on wi-fi. I know that messed up skype mobile and said verizon for me. Also make sure your banner on the pull down top menu says verizon wireless and not extended network. Also so do a *228 update to see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0
Make sure you are not on wi-fi. I know that messed up skype mobile and said verizon for me. Also make sure your banner on the pull down top menu says verizon wireless and not extended network. Also so do a *228 update to see if that fixes it.

Wifi off, no go. I'm not sure what is meant by the "top menu" that mentioned. Thanks for trying.

Upvote 0
Wifi off, no go. I'm not sure what is meant by the "top menu" that mentioned. Thanks for trying.

Where you time and signal and battery are. The notification bar. If you slide it down it will say Verizon or extended network. Also I saw that they already upgraded the app today very recently so I would try to download the new one.

Upvote 0
Ive done some research on this and it looks like anyone that had an old Alltel plan won't be able to use this app. Apparently to use this, and skype apparently, you have to switch your plan over to a verizon plan. BUMMER. Makes me miss Alltel really, they were so open about what you did with their phones and crap.

On a side note, what is this pulldown thing everyone is talking about? When I pull down my notification bar it doesn't say Verizon Wireless or Extended Network.

Upvote 0
Verizon is aware of the issue and is quickly attempting to correct it. Verizon staff received an internal email stating just that yesterday. Give em' some time, they'll sort things out! :)
They still haven't even fixed it for Skype, I doubt there's going to be a quick fix if any for NFL.

My guess is this is Verizon's backhanded way of getting rid of all the Alltel contracts that are probably losing them money.

Upvote 0
I figured as many as I'd seen out there, there would be a fix. Season's a ways off so I'm OK. I even went back out on "my verizon" and "reactivated", just in case. No go still so it's off to walk the dog. Appreciate the update!

Sure. I'm sure somebody clever will alter the app to allow any android phone to access content on this app.

Upvote 0
I figured as many as I'd seen out there, there would be a fix. Season's a ways off so I'm OK. I even went back out on "my verizon" and "reactivated", just in case. No go still so it's off to walk the dog. Appreciate the update!
Thats what I figured too, but from what I've read people have already called Verizon tech support and they've been told there won't be a fix for this problem beyond changing your plans. That makes sense though, if there was a fix coming it would have already been done with the Skype app, but it's still a no go for that app as well.

Stupid Verizon, I used to defend your asses against AT&T. But that's hard to do when you tell your own customers that they can't use "verizon only" apps without changing your rate plans :mad:

Upvote 0
Thats what I figured too, but from what I've read people have already called Verizon tech support and they've been told there won't be a fix for this problem beyond changing your plans. That makes sense though, if there was a fix coming it would have already been done with the Skype app, but it's still a no go for that app as well.

Stupid Verizon, I used to defend your asses against AT&T. But that's hard to do when you tell your own customers that they can't use "verizon only" apps without changing your rate plans :mad:

They have some decent plans, you might consider it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones