• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nice Forum

sleewok

Aug 11, 2011
Indiana
Hey there, just joined the forum.

I've been using the iPhone since the 3G and just recently I've finally grown tired of the iOS. A lot of the newer options for Android are really tempting.

I'm considering making the switch and this place looks like an awesome resource if I go that route. Now I just have to decide what carrier to switch to.... ;)

Cheers!

That's what I'm hearing more and more!

The carrier decision is what has been the most difficult at this point. I currently have AT&T, and I'm not impressed. 3G is very slow and dropped calls gets old fast. I'm on Purdue's campus. On game days I might as well plan not to use my phone at all...

I'm debating between Verizon and Sprint. I'm leaning towards Sprint. They have 4G in the area (so does Verizon). Mainly because of price. I'll probably try to get on one of the sero plans family plans, which would be a great deal. If there was a way to try out Sprint for a month then that would be the most helpful. I obviously don't want to make the switch if the service is blah.

The SGS 2 is the phone that triggered my desire to switch. I'm just waiting for it to come out now (in US)... The pending release of the iPhone 5 is making the switch a little more difficult for me though.

Upvote 0
That's what I'm hearing more and more!

The carrier decision is what has been the most difficult at this point. I currently have AT&T, and I'm not impressed. 3G is very slow and dropped calls gets old fast. I'm on Purdue's campus. On game days I might as well plan not to use my phone at all...

I'm debating between Verizon and Sprint. I'm leaning towards Sprint. They have 4G in the area (so does Verizon). Mainly because of price. I'll probably try to get on one of the sero plans family plans, which would be a great deal. If there was a way to try out Sprint for a month then that would be the most helpful. I obviously don't want to make the switch if the service is blah.

The SGS 2 is the phone that triggered my desire to switch. I'm just waiting for it to come out now (in US)... The pending release of the iPhone 5 is making the switch a little more difficult for me though.

Welcome to AF!

That's always a tough decision, especially when it seems like a huge leap switching what operating system you use. Both have positives and negatives. If I were to suggest one thing it would be to wait until you can try both devices out and see which you like better.

You can read anything online, but what really matters is making a choice that will work best for you.

Both devices should be out in September sometime. So it will be perfect to test the devices out before buying them.

Reactions: sleewok
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones