• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No boot load screen

Etwizzy

Aug 2, 2011
I tried to use a program that changes your boot load screen. In turn I deleted my stock boot loader and now every time my phone turns on all I see is Samsung a little yellow triangle with an explanation point. After that my screen goes black. I need away to get back my stock boot loader please.

From my experience, none of those apps work on our Rush

You should find the bootanimation.zip that the app installed in either /data/local or /system/media

Rename it to bootanimation.zip.bak and restart

If that gets you back to the stock animation you know you can delete it ;)

Idk where the app saved to. Once the boot loader started acting funny I deleted the app

Upvote 0
OR - If you can remember which app it was I'm willing to do exactly what you did so I can walk you through getting your phone back to the normal boot animation.

Thanks you are a God send the app is boot animation changer. I used this app on my prevail and it worked just fine. Since the rush its also called the prevail2 I didn't think it would cause so many problems.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So what did you do when this happened?

2013-05-29225120.png

Upvote 0
These instructions are going under the fairly safe assumption that you are rooted, as you wouldn't have messed up your animation with said app if you weren't.

The app in question puts its animation into /data/local unless you directed it to put it somewhere else.

Ok here we go;

If you don't yet have one, install a file explorer that gives you root access.

Root Browser is free and will work for what we're doing - https://play.google.com/store/apps/...yLDEsImNvbS5qcnVtbXkucm9vdC5icm93c2VyZnJlZSJd

Open Root Browser and navigate to the location /data/local

Grant root access when it prompts you

In the location /data/local you should see a file named bootanimation.zip

Delete bootanimation.zip

Reboot and you should have the normal animation

If not I would need to know exactly what you did step by step

Upvote 0
These instructions are going under the fairly safe assumption that you are rooted, as you wouldn't have messed up your animation with said app if you weren't.

The app in question puts its animation into /data/local unless you directed it to put it somewhere else.

Ok here we go;

If you don't yet have one, install a file explorer that gives you root access.

Root Browser is free and will work for what we're doing - https://play.google.com/store/apps/...yLDEsImNvbS5qcnVtbXkucm9vdC5icm93c2VyZnJlZSJd

Open Root Browser and navigate to the location /data/local

Grant root access when it prompts you

In the location /data/local you should see a file named bootanimation.zip

Delete bootanimation.zip

Reboot and you should have the normal animation

If not I would need to know exactly what you did step by step
I did what you said sadly it didn't bring back my boot animation. I hit the button to create another download location. I think I screwed up by letting it overwrite my old location

Upvote 0
I did what you said sadly it didn't bring back my boot animation. I hit the button to create another download location. I think I screwed up by letting it overwrite my old location

If you pressed the Apply location button without typing anything into the field then do this -

Navigate to /data/media/

There you will find a folder name bootanims

Delete that folder and see if that does it

Upvote 0
If you pressed the Apply location button without typing anything into the field then do this -

Navigate to /data/media/

There you will find a folder name bootanims

Delete that folder and see if that does it

I tried that too. No go. Smh this is what I get for not asking the professionals. I know life is about trial and error but damn this is crazy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones