• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No MMS

Piratexi

Apr 10, 2013
So I'm running the stock kernal and the modded JB OTA rom wiper mod. S-off with moonshine and rooted
I can't send or receive MMS messages except for on wifi. Is it just poor coverage in my area or is there something wrong with the rom?
Data supposedly was updated in and around my area by sprint, although I still get crappy data coverage with no 4g available.
Maybe there's a better rom I can try?

So I'm running the stock kernal and the modded JB OTA rom wiper mod. S-off with moonshine and rooted
I can't send or receive MMS messages except for on wifi. Is it just poor coverage in my area or is there something wrong with the rom?
Data supposedly was updated in and around my area by sprint, although I still get crappy data coverage with no 4g available.
Maybe there's a better rom I can try?

Why don't you just accept the OTA updates and have 100% working jelly bean?

Upvote 0
I tried the normal OTA, but my phone won't take it. I guess because I removed some of the stock apps.
Anyhow, now its working and I have been bouncing between 3g and 4g. I have sent and received mms's. They said they updated towers around here about a month ago. I guess I just now am getting access to it.
Appreciate the replies :)

Reactions: russellvone
Upvote 0
You still rocking the SV? Is it still for sell?

No sir. I went out and bought a brand new Boost S3. It's signal reception is much better in my area. I'm pretty active one the S3 section too. We can run almost all of the Sprint ROMS.

Check my thread out.
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6155020

As far as the SV, it's still for sale with a huge package of extras that come with it. The phone and all the extras are MINT plus it's unlocked, got CWM, S-Off, and running rooted Jelly Bean. All the hard work has already been done and It's ready to activate. I tried to sell it on Ebay but my reserve wasn't meet. I'll keep it before I give it away. Lol I took the 1st one back to Radio Shack right before the time limit was up so the phone has only been used 2 months or less.

I've got a good buddy who says he is 99% sure he's going to buy it. Hopefully he does . With all that's been done to it, I would like to sell it to someone who knows what they are doing. Plus it makes it easier selling to a friend when I'm gonna lose over $100 on a practically brand new device. Lol ;)

Reactions: russellvone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones