• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No one can help me... Can you?

Long story/vicious cycle short.
Toddler tried lock screen on note 8 so locked out. Then tried to access Samsung and said didn't know the password (only ever typed password in once :/ ) so went to get into Google to change Samsung password to unlock my note 8. Well I have 2 step on and it won't let me do it cause can't unlock phone to click yes. So around we go...after tons of calls and online chat with Samsung and at&t a Samsung tech tells me to hard reset it. K no prob..... (Lying!)
She forgot I couldn't access Gmail. So now I need enter synced Gmail account.... Guess what... Can't click verify.... Now locked out of Gmail. Google won't verify it's my account...putting Sim in another phone doesn't work....using either of the other Gmail's that were synced to my phone work. Geek squad so computers are down. Samsung said I had mail in and could take 6 weeks. Please freaking help me!!!!!!!! There has to be a way to either bypass the registration or regain access to my Gmail account. If I had the money I'd hire a hacker. So please help me I am just so done.
I've tried everything I could research or a tech support has told me that doesn't involve a computer. I need outside the box help!
So please don't say a basic solution. And yes I know I can send it in to get fixed but having to wait that long is bullshit.

If she needs to get into Gmail how will removing the account help?

Can you just not get into Gmail, or can you not get into the phone (locked out by factory reset protection)? I've been trying to follow the sequence but it's not completely clear.

If you read her post, she states that she has access to two other synced Gmail accounts. So, delete the account you can't access, then restart the phone and sign in again. Is that so hard to do? What would YOU suggest as a better option?

Upvote 0
If you read her post, she states that she has access to two other synced Gmail accounts. So, delete the account you can't access, then restart the phone and sign in again. Is that so hard to do? What would YOU suggest as a better option?

The OP has stated several times she can't access Gmail.

How would deleting the other accounts help? Factory reset protection stops you from signing in to a device after it's been reset if you can't remember the Gmail details.

Aside from that, I'm with Hadron in that I'm struggling to follow the chain of events. Are you having an issue with 2 step verification? It sounds like you know the gmail password for your account, but because you can't access your device, you can't verify that it's you? Did you setup any other recovery details for your Gmail account (I think you need to for 2 step to work), have you tried contacting Google? You should also have been given some backup codes when you set 2 step up, do you have those?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Think if you didn't do the backup codes or one-time passwords thing....

Just tell few answers
1) did you remembered when you created your account month & year
2) your last password not current one
3) your mobile number linked to your account
If yes then there is a way you can instantly get access to your account

The security questions might be the only way back in. The whole object of the Google multi-factor authentication is to keep the account as secure as possible and keep hackers out.

Upvote 0
I'm a little confused.

I get the toddler part (I have a three-year-old grandson who just loves pushing buttons ;) ) It's the two-step verification for gmail that's got me scratching my head. Where exactly is it sending the link to verify? It can't be to gmail because you'd need to get into gmail to verify to let you into gmail.

Have you tried the Google Account Recovery? Surely there's an alternate email they will send the confirmation to as well as your primary account.

Upvote 0
It's like just this little window that pops up on my phone and says something like are you trying to log in from another device then has yes or no I click yes I'm signed in.
I have had a code sent to my phone by text when I switched Sim to another phone but still wanted 2 step. I had code sent to recovery email a million times still doesn't work. That's what I mean I've stumped everyone

Upvote 0
Is your Note 8 connected to WiFi when locked? I can see that since the you took out the sim to get the text on another phone and if the phone turns off WiFi when locked, there's no way to communicate with Google to verify the code.

Since you have another phone, why not simply setup that phone with your primary Google account and then turn off two-step from that device. Then swap the sim back into the Note and try unlocking without two-step. You can always turn it back on afterwards.

Upvote 0
It will not let me log into my Google account from anywhere without me hitting that yes on my frp phone.

That's what's got me befuddled. Let's forget the note for a second. Let's say you have a Galaxy S6 sitting in a drawer that you never bothered to recycle. You plop your sim card into that phone, boot it up and when you try to add your primary gmail account to it, it won't verify without the code sent to gmail? or it says invalid password? If the former, could you simply log into your gmail account from a PC? If the latter, you might have to wait up to 24-hours for the password reset attempts to clear out.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
This is screen shot of what it says

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-30-08-11-21.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-30-08-11-21.png
    110 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0
Without being able to receive the 2FA verification on a device (which you can't set up on a new device since you can't get the 2FA code to verify the login...) you're going to have to go through the steps to recover access to the Google account, just as if you had forgotten the password or been hacked. There are some automated options but it may ultimately come down to needing to submit a request to Google and wait several days for them to respond.

There's a great blog post here which may be able to help guide you through the process:
http://gmailaccountrecovery.blogspot.com.es/2012/01/gmail-account-recovery-and-security.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones