• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root no texts and blank texts

djfrost

Aug 3, 2010
Los Angeles
so i rooted my fascinate yesterday and then i flashed SuperClean v.9 (awesome ROM by the way)!!

everything seemed to be working ok...then i flashed VooDoo 5 1.2ghz...and now when i send texts they are blank and i can not receive texts...

anyone know whats up??

i am restoring a pre-VooDoo5 nandroid...but does anyone know what could have happened?

so i rooted my fascinate yesterday and then i flashed SuperClean v.9 (awesome ROM by the way)!!

everything seemed to be working ok...then i flashed VooDoo 5 1.2ghz...and now when i send texts they are blank and i can not receive texts...

anyone know whats up??

i am restoring a pre-VooDoo5 nandroid...but does anyone know what could have happened?

did you flash the dj05 radio in odin?

Upvote 0
I have the same exact problem as the OP. (though I never flashed voodoo5) I can do these fixes, but I would like to keep super clean .9 on my phone. It seems like these are in conflict. I realize that I'm probably saying something really stupid, but I would appreciate your feedback.

jts rom is only 1 of the 3 dj05 components you need. [RELEASE] DJ05 rom, kernel, radio - xda-developers

you need to flash the radio package in odin....and a dj05 kernel as well...for nonvoodoo check out geekniks stupidfast in rom manager :)

Upvote 0
for those of us who dont know about any of these things (ie. Odin, dj05, ect. ) is there anyone who can give me step by step directions on how to fix this? because as of now I send blank texts and cant receive any and IDK how it happened. Thank you very much.

are you rooted? or are you just running a stock fascinate and having messaging issues

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones