• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NOOK app ok on wifi, not 3G - ideas?

I use Aldiko for all my ebooks (free), and it stores everything to the sdcard under an eBooks folder.

I'd be surprised if the Nook app was different in that regard, but never say never where for-pay stuff and copy protection is concerned, I suppose.

FWIW - have you tried reading your books in Airplane mode? If not - I'd wonder how they'd really expect you to use the app at all.

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0
I use Aldiko for all my ebooks (free), and it stores everything to the sdcard under an eBooks folder.

I'd be surprised if the Nook app was different in that regard, but never say never where for-pay stuff and copy protection is concerned, I suppose.

FWIW - have you tried reading your books in Airplane mode? If not - I'd wonder how they'd really expect you to use the app at all.

I installed Aldiko but they wanted to charge for the Star Wars e-books I get for free on Nook. Uninstalled Aldiko but I will check out airplane mode...

Edit: it works under airplane mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones