• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not even a month old and charge problems

G

gearhead357

Well when I plug my charge in. The one that came with the phone it connects and disconects without me doing anything over and over. It's damn brand new but past my 14 day immediate return so I'd have to send my phone for a warranty claim. Not so cool with that. The charge though I've babied it has a little left to right wiggle when looking at the screen. I never have to use the phone while it's charging so It's not like the cord has a hard life.. Any ideas what I can do myself or am I bonned and sending my brand new phone away.

know these micro usp plugs aren't the best design

I've never had a problem with a micro USB plug. My wife and my old phones were a Motorola which had a phone dock which connected the phone automatically via the USB connector. I was concerned it would be a problem over the long term, because we get into and out of the car a lot, sometimes over ten times a day. Not a problem in over two and a half years of service.

Upvote 0
I've never had a problem with a micro USB plug. My wife and my old phones were a Motorola which had a phone dock which connected the phone automatically via the USB connector. I was concerned it would be a problem over the long term, because we get into and out of the car a lot, sometimes over ten times a day. Not a problem in over two and a half years of service.

I'm the exact opposite I've been through several phones with it and had nothing but issues in all of them no mater how careful I am

Upvote 0
not yet I need to get a new charger to do that and it's only just started to happen. I've only got the one charger right now. Worth a shot. I take it this isn't a typical problem. I know these micro usp plugs aren't the best design

If you have an iPad, use the 2000mAh charger from that. It's the same output as the Samsung OEM charger. That should tell you if it's the phone or the charger. Try a different cable too, although know that not all cables can pass the same current.

Load the Galaxy Charging Current free app and see what charge your GS4 is taking. I find it normal to see around 1200mAh initially and sometimes up to 1900mAh. You might see 500mAh from a connection to your computer's USB port.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones