• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not Got Update On Phone?

What we need to know is your current Android Version and the Build Number. This will show what firmware branch your phone is on. You can find these from: Settings -> About device

I have an unlocked, unbranded phone in the UK and my phone, running the latest release is:
Android Version: 4.1.2
Build Number: JZO54K.I9300XXELL4

Upvote 0
I think this firmware version is used by Orange and T-Mobile and so I guess your phone isn't unbranded, but can anyone else confirm this?

Did you buy your phone new and does it show the signs of being branded i.e. an operator's splash screen or apps?

Have you successfully updated this phone in the past or does it still have the same firmware as when you bought it?

As you can tell, I'm unsure about what to recommend since I never had this version of Android 4.0.4. But a suggestion is to try updating from a computer using Kies and the phone connected via a USB cable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones