• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification Help!!!!

Gabriella21

Lurker
May 17, 2011
So, I've had the handcent app for a few months now. And now all of a sudden one friend who texts me, her little notification does not show up in the status bar but everyone else's does.
I havent touched anything to change it either. It just stopped appearing one day out the blue. I've compared her settings with others and they are exactly the same. Ive tried re-installing handcent but that doesn't change anything.
Not sure what else to do at this point.
If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

So, I've had the handcent app for a few months now. And now all of a sudden one friend who texts me, her little notification does not show up in the status bar but everyone else's does.
I havent touched anything to change it either. It just stopped appearing one day out the blue. I've compared her settings with others and they are exactly the same. Ive tried re-installing handcent but that doesn't change anything.
Not sure what else to do at this point.
If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Here's what's worked for me with this app, having experienced the same problem you are having.

Please be sure you do these steps is this exact order:

1) Uninstall the app, as you would through Settings / Applications / Manage applications. Choose it, then hit the uninstall button.

2) Remove battery cover and take out the battery for 30 seconds.

3) Reinstall battery and reboot.

That should do it, and you will be back as good as new :)

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones