1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Notification Sound not connected to anything?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dontbesojumpy, Apr 14, 2016.

1. dontbesojumpy

dontbesojumpy Lurker
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    I know I know, we've all heard this one before: I am getting a notification sound that doesn't come along with any kind of actual notification.

I have checked through all the other forum posts, mine's not Yahoo mail. I have no idea what it is.
    What's more, I installed a notification logging app and whatever is making the sound doesn't even register with it.

Basically something is making a rather cheerful sound randomly on my phone but it doesn't seem to be associated with any app. Again, Notification Log isn't catching it, either.

So...how on earth do I proceed here?

Galaxy S5, unrooted, been doing this phantom tone for a few weeks. Oh and for reference, the sound is a "cheerful" little rising note pattern, and whatever it is, it's not in my bank of notification sounds I can select in settings. No clue what it is.

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.