• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nov. Maintenance OTA Update Discussion Thread

I just downloaded the update. So far, I see that my SilentMode On/Off app button isn't working. I can't change it from ring, to vibrate, to off. It shows the change on the notification bar with the icon for vibrate and off, but the actual green button on the widget won't change. Maybe I need to reinstall it. Anyone else run into this?

Oh, I also got an error message when trying to install the update. So maybe it didn't completely install. (I see I don't have v-cast, so I'm sure it has not installed). I'll have to check what version I have on the phone. If it didn't install, how do I get it to try again without the prompt?

V-cast is there. I missed it (well, not really MISSED it!). All is good, I suppose. That double icon was freaky though. That's why the SilentMode button wasn't working. It was the copy on top that wasn't functional.

Upvote 0
got it this am in charlotte ,nc.....updating now

+1... Also had 3G problem at first. I had made a settings change to try to increase battery life (per another post here). I unchecked (disabled) the option at "Wireless & Networks / Mobile Networks / Enable always-on mobile data" .

It had worked fine until the update, but afterwards I had to enable that setting to get 3G back. About an hour later I again disabled it and 3G has been available ever since. I guess we'll have to see how that one goes...

Upvote 0
After having the update for a couple days now, I have a few comments.

1. My battery is charging faster, as many of you have noticed. I have not noticed a change in battery life, for good or for bad.

2. I'm having trouble with the orientation switching from landscape to portrait correctly. I had this with the 2.2 update and had to do a factory reset to resolve the issue.

3. My screen is very slightly, almost not noticeably off center. When gmail is open though or anything with lines, I can see the right side is slightly higher than the left (lines tilt downwards toward the left side). Anyone else notice this one?

Upvote 0
Just got mine an hour ago so far so good accept for that stupid freakin vcast app store the lame ass thing won't even open just gives me an error message, not that I would ever download anything from it. I just think verizon's silly for thinking they could ever compete with the android market. Battery issues do appear to have been fixed. I had it plugged in and was using it heavily while battery % was rising at a NORMAL rate

You are one of the lucky ones. The error message just saves you from having to look around. VCast apps is an Epic Fail.

I dont think they are trying to compete with Market. I think they are seeing a chance to make a few bucks by offering the ability to charge to your bill. If they turn that around to offer some discounted apps or special verizon only apps they may actually make people like this.

In the end, I am going to hide VCast Apps (because I am not rooted, cant delete) until/unless it offers me something worthwhile.

Upvote 0
Downloaded the OTA update last night after putting it off for most of the day yesterday. LOST EVERYTHING! My phone went completely back to factory settings. I had to set up every account; still have to set up Exchange tomorrow at work, lost every app I ever loaded, my pictures are gone from about one month ago, every message thread, call log...gone.... my biggest problem is I don't know which apps I m missing until I think to go use it and realize....it's gone.:(

I need a recommendation for a Backup app...I can't go through this again.:eek:

Upvote 0
Update was waiting for me this morning.

Funny, just as I was planning to manually update today, the OTA was waiting for me this AM as well. Copied pics off SD card just in case of issues. Updated.

Kernel: 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16

Build: 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release keys

Software number: 3.26.605.1

PRI: 1.50_002

PRL: 52078

ERI: 5

No issues with icons. All pics still on SD card. So far so good.

Thanks to all answering my question on manual updating! Big up!!

Deanski

Reactions: s_franchise
Upvote 0
After having the update for a couple days now, I have a few comments.

1. My battery is charging faster, as many of you have noticed. I have not noticed a change in battery life, for good or for bad.

2. I'm having trouble with the orientation switching from landscape to portrait correctly. I had this with the 2.2 update and had to do a factory reset to resolve the issue.

3. My screen is very slightly, almost not noticeably off center. When gmail is open though or anything with lines, I can see the right side is slightly higher than the left (lines tilt downwards toward the left side). Anyone else notice this one?
Not having the off center issue at all. Have you tried recalibrating Gsensor to fix landscape portrait rotation issue?

Upvote 0
I just got the OTA update this morning here in Ft Laud, FL

I was one of the ones who reported over the phone to Verizon about Froyo and the car charger not holding a charge using Google Maps/Navi, Verizon didn't believe me so they did a 3 way call to HTC and all 3 of us on the line and the HTC tech said yes they are aware of a charging issue with Froyo and Navi/car charger not providing enough charge or decreasing your charge while using and said there will be an update to fix that soon. That was 3/4 months ago.

I guess HTC was right. It felt good me to that I was right and HTC backed me up over the phone and Verizon believed me now. Can you hear me now? lol

Just goes to show if you don't call and complain about an issue, then HTC will never hear there is a problem and offer a fix, nice to see that HTC followed through on this for the customers. :)

Upvote 0
Just got the update this morning. Has anyone noticed that when you pull down the notification bar to tap an unread email it now doesn't automatically clear the mail icon from the bar. Happened to me with the stock email app and the yahoo email app. Kinda annoying because now the only way to clear the notification icon is to manually hit "clear".

Upvote 0
Also received it last night but I noticed at like 2AM so I decided I would wait until this morning in case something bad happened. Everything went smoothly with all of my stuff remaining intact and no double icons appearing. The new app store is giving me the same error as the person a few posts above but you will see zero complaints from me about that.

Upvote 0
I continue to have problems with the SD card since updating. When I recycle power off and on, everything's fine... SD card prepares normally. Pics, data, music all can be seen... in both apps and in Astro. Then, for no apparent reason, I get a warning notification that there is a problem with the SD card and that tapping (the notification) will make it viewable as read only. Before I tap, pics, data and music are not found in apps but CAN be found in Astro! Odd. I tap the notification to go read-only and then the card is "prepared" as read only. I also notice, during the preparation, my homescreen widgets disappear and reappear... like it's rebuilding Sense, or something. I go for a while just fine and then... again out of the blue... I get the notification again and we repeat the cycle. This is kind of annoying because the last update fritz'd my previous SD card. Am I going to have to do a factory reset again...?? That's pretty annoying.

Upvote 0
I really do not see the explosive issue here. I received the update last Thursday, installed without issue and I have not seen any degradation to the Incredible's performance. As far as Verizon bloatware...I just don't open Slacker or V Cast Apps (but I do appreciate the flexibility to purchase apps via V Cast Apps & have it show up on my phone bill if I want). Just seems like there are more important issues in the world to get all uptight about then this...just my opinion that Verizon did a good job with this OTA update.

Upvote 0
I really do not see the explosive issue here. I received the update last Thursday, installed without issue and I have not seen any degradation to the Incredible's performance. As far as Verizon bloatware...I just don't open Slacker or V Cast Apps (but I do appreciate the flexibility to purchase apps via V Cast Apps & have it show up on my phone bill if I want). Just seems like there are more important issues in the world to get all uptight about then this...just my opinion that Verizon did a good job with this OTA update.
I can't speak for anyone else, but when carriers start installing apps on my phone that I neither need nor want, I have a problem with it. Sure, the V CAST store is nice, but it's never going to replace the Android Market for me. Slacker? Do not use it or want it, and it runs in the background at all times (same with other forced software like Skype). I'm glad that Verizon is continuing to support the phone via OTA updates, but at least let us get rid of what we don't want.

When I'm finally able to root again (as this update apparently closed a hole unrevoked was taking advantage of), I am all over it.

Reactions: Colchicine
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones