• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nov. Maintenance OTA Update Discussion Thread

Can someone who received the update post the software info for me (Kernel vwrsion, build #, etc.)? I was notified about the update when it first came out, did it and then received a second notification yesteday. That one failed I think as it just stayed at the screen telling me the phone was going to reboot - after 15 minutes or so I rebooted it myself.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I'm rooted and am currently running Froyo with stock SenseUI. My phone keeps pestering me with this update and I really don't want it. I don't want it to screw up my phone, or remove root, or whatever else it may do. I'm sure one of the ROMs I may pick up later will have this updated integrated into it (minus the crappy bloatware).

Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the notification? It's constantly asking me to update or ask later....either way, it's way too frequent and annoying.

Thanks!
mmoreimi

Upvote 0
Since the update I'm unable to add anything to 3/4 of one of my screens (right of home). There aren't any widgets there (there had been before the update though) but it acts as if there are. Not sure if those widgets are somehow hidden now or what's going on. I tried switching to a different scene and had the same issue with the home screen.

:-/

Upvote 0
Can someone who received the update post the software info for me (Kernel vwrsion, build #, etc.)? I was notified about the update when it first came out, did it and then received a second notification yesteday. That one failed I think as it just stayed at the screen telling me the phone was going to reboot - after 15 minutes or so I rebooted it myself.

I posted this a few pages back but it doesn't hurt to bump it up:

For those asking:
Baseband Version: 2.15.00.07.28
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc6
htc-kernel@u18000-Build-149 #1
Build Number: 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys
Software Number: 3.26.605.1

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I'm rooted and am currently running Froyo with stock SenseUI. My phone keeps pestering me with this update and I really don't want it. I don't want it to screw up my phone, or remove root, or whatever else it may do. I'm sure one of the ROMs I may pick up later will have this updated integrated into it (minus the crappy bloatware).

Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the notification? It's constantly asking me to update or ask later....either way, it's way too frequent and annoying.

Thanks!
mmoreimi

Same... Head over to the Root forums for the answer to this. I'm sure to remove this you have to do the same thing that I had to do to remove it while using SkyRaider 3.3.3

Its just editing the \system\build.props file so that the OS thinks its up to date. Check the details out in the other forum.

Upvote 0
Since the update I've noticed viewing PDF documents sucks! Not sure what has changed, but opening, viewing, and zooming in and out is super slow/laggy. I use this feature when mountain biking. I would create a PDF of my trail maps and leave them open on the phone. Last week I could move around the document and zoom in and out with ease. Almost as if the entire document was open and I was simply moving it into view. Since the update, as I pan to areas not shown on my screen or zoom, it's almost as is if it is loading the map every time and it takes forever (like surfing the internet on my Storm). Anyone know what's changed? Did Adobe Reader replace some other PDF viewing software with the update?

One more thing I just noticed. I can no longer keep the PDF open in the background so I can tap the shorcut and it will open where I left it. Now, my PDF completely closes when I hit the home button instead of staying open in the background, which means it has to re-load every time...hate when updates make things worse!

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about your issues... mine also seemed to be stuck on that Droid redeye screen but I left it alone. After about 10 mins it completed the update and everything worked perfectly. You might have interrupted a process. Have you tried factory reset?

Yeah, mine sat on that screen for quite a while too- I was positive that it was hosed then it came up and all is well. Interface seems snappier and charging time seems faster as well, although I haven't seen an overall improvement in battery life.

Also, I had the duplicate icons issue after the update that everyone else is talking about, but my wife's phone didn't. Any ideas on what is causing this and why it would affect some Inc's and not others? (we're both stock btw)

Upvote 0
I'm liking the new battery charging speed - my phone now charges while plugged into my car charger with Navigation running.

Before the update it would typically lose 1-2% charge over my 45 minute commute to work. However, yesterday I went up to Tahoe (2.5h drive) for my first day of skiing this season and the phone charged to full during the ride both ways. On the way home it went from ~50% to full over 90 minutes or so with Nav running while driving through mountains. Definitely happy that I don't need to resort to shenanigans like turning Nav on and off to keep my battery alive on a long drive anymore.

Upvote 0
Well, I got the update, and now my facebook synced phone numbers and linked contacts aren't there anymore, they aren't linked and the contacts that were from facebook completely disappeared. Any way to fix this? I've tried syncing and it just isn't working.

EDIT: Apparently it just started working again...took about a day and a half of the phone being on but finally everythings back to normal.

Upvote 0
:mad:

Okay, I'm totally PO'd. I received the OTA update Saturday night, while sitting in the airport; and I accepted it. Yesterday afternoon, I go to copy my vacation pics from my phone to my laptop and it won't recognize my phone and it's storage. :( I have USB debugging checked correctly. I tried to connect the phone to my desktop PC, and I got the same error. Just now at work, I tried to connect to the desktop PC; and I'm getting the same "unrecognize device" error. My pics, videos and music are accessible via my phone (no data loss...yet), but no laptop/PC will recognize the SD card or internal phone memory. Please help!!!! Now, I also can't connect to my PDAnet either. :mad: I'm scared to take the card out and put in the adapter to check, because I don't want to lose all my data. Is there any way to back up my SD card in my phone without a computer??? I have AstroFile and AndroZip...

Upvote 0
After reading various problems with the update, I hesitated for a day before allowing it to do so. Backedup up some stuff and made notes of my other apps should they disappear. (My PDF Viewer did disappear). The one thing I DID do was TAKE OUT my SD Card prior to allowing it to update. It doesn't need it and I didn't want to risk a buggy update screwing with it. All went well.

Upvote 0
Only oddity I had from the update was that it "dual painted" my scene, such that I had to "remove" every widget and app, and underneath was the "original" widget and app. Goofy, but otherwise, no adverse problems.

Can't see any difference in battery life or anything else.

I did (moments after writing the above paragraph) happen to look down at my Dinc and the LED was flashing green/red (never saw *that* before), and the battery and phone were ridiculously hot. The phone was just sitting there charging, so I can't figure that out.

H.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones