• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ocean Breeze is now open for business

What would you like to order?

• Grilled Langoustine Prawns

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coconut Shrimp Tacos

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Venison and Pineapple Curry Stew

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Jerk Island Ribeye

• Parmesan and Pistachio Crusted Halibut

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Roasted Prime Rib Roast

• Mango and Lime Glazed Cornish Game Hen

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Orange Glazed Baby Back Ribs

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Wow, looks real nice!

Here is what I thought.
The price range is around what i would pay for Wolfgang Puck Cafes in Tokyo.
A little above average, but not super expensive.
How much would you say your average per head is???

The menu content seems very...meaty/carnivorous at first glance.
When I studied it though, its well balanced.
But "studied" is the key term here i think.

i dont mind fancy restaurants but I hate their fancy menu names!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
When I first saw what you were doing I was hoping to see a salad menu ("starter salads," etc), hoping further to see caprese (I am not a fan of digging through heaps of lettuce.. no chef's salad etc for me).

Anyway, the entrees all look great, and it's hard to choose, which means several returns to the place just to try everything. ;)

Upvote 0
Alright, I'll give a few thoughts on the menu (I can be hyper critical when it comes to food/menus, so please don't think I'm just knocking you :eek:)

Prawns: Do you have a sauce? I'd say something with lemon would help add some acid and work well with the garlic. (perhaps a simple gremolata)

Tacos: Looks fantastic, no changes (I voted for this one)

Venison Stew: My second favorite. Make sure it's plenty spicy!

Ribeye: Only thing I'd be weary about is the overall sweetness of the dish.

Halibut: I'd go without the pistachio, think a panko/parm breading would be sufficient. Balance of the heaviness of wild mushroom risotto and halibut seems a bit off (one way too heavy, the other really light). If you want to stick with the compound butter, why not a lightly dressed (vinaigrette) warm orzo salad with peas (great with dill and parm). Spinach salad seems like an afterthought.

Prime Rib: Seems very classic and tasty but has no place on this menu of tropical inspired flavors. Thinking of some island flavors; how about using Rum instead of Madeira; mashed plantains instead of potatoes; habanero creme fraiche to top. Just some ideas.

Cornish Game Hen: Game hen looks fine but I wouldn't serve it aside two starch sides. How about in place of the veg, some cooked cabbage or kale? Be careful about mixing a citrusy rice with a citrusy protein, could be overpowering.

Ribs: Looks good, I wouldn't make any changes.

Overall, I'd say the menu looks great. For me (again, I'm an absolute foodie), it looks a little too "hotelish". Very standard meat/starch/veg lineup. Will appeal to a wide variety of folks for sure. I'll implore you one more time to consider a veg dish :p
I'm thinking a take on an empanada filled with potatoes, chiles, black beans and a side of some simple cabbage based slaw. Eh, eh?? :D

Good luck! :)

Upvote 0
Alright, I'll give a few thoughts on the menu (I can be hyper critical when it comes to food/menus, so please don't think I'm just knocking you :eek:)

Prawns: Do you have a sauce? I'd say something with lemon would help add some acid and work well with the garlic. (perhaps a simple gremolata)
i like the gremolata idea. thanx
Ribeye: Only thing I'd be weary about is the overall sweetness of the dish.
yeah not much sugar on the ribeye. mostly spice cloves,cumins, and a touch of cinammon and allspice. i think would balance out with the sweet paotato and pinapple butter.
Halibut: I'd go without the pistachio, think a panko/parm breading would be sufficient. Balance of the heaviness of wild mushroom risotto and halibut seems a bit off (one way too heavy, the other really light). If you want to stick with the compound butter, why not a lightly dressed (vinaigrette) warm orzo salad with peas (great with dill and parm). Spinach salad seems like an afterthought.
yeah spinach i added on last. you got me on that one. lol i was thinking of going with the orzo salad, but i love orzo rissotto. but you might be right about being to heavy with what i have. i will have to do some more thought on that one. peas is a nice touch.
Prime Rib: Seems very classic and tasty but has no place on this menu of tropical inspired flavors. Thinking of some island flavors; how about using Rum instead of Madeira; mashed plantains instead of potatoes; habanero creme fraiche to top. Just some ideas.
yet another good idea going with plantains. will have to look into that one as well.
Cornish Game Hen: Game hen looks fine but I wouldn't serve it aside two starch sides. How about in place of the veg, some cooked cabbage or kale? Be careful about mixing a citrusy rice with a citrusy protein, could be overpowering.
what about braising some swiss chard as my veg side. and leave out the rice all together?

Overall, I'd say the menu looks great. For me (again, I'm an absolute foodie), it looks a little too "hotelish". Very standard meat/starch/veg lineup. Will appeal to a wide variety of folks for sure. I'll implore you one more time to consider a veg dish :p
I'm thinking a take on an empanada filled with potatoes, chiles, black beans and a side of some simple cabbage based slaw. Eh, eh?? :D
Good luck! :)

thanx for the feed back. you have been very helpful with great ideas. my palate is just starting to develop as i get more exposed to all these cooking techniques. hopefully mine will get as refined as your some day.

i guess it is back to the drawing board on a few items.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
thanx for the feed back. you have been very helpful with great ideas. my palate is just starting to develop as i get more exposed to all these cooking techniques. hopefully mine will get as refined as your some day.

i guess it is back to the drawing board on a few items.

I always love feedback on anything I cook though I'm usually my harshest critic. You're definitely on the right path. Couple changes and you'll have a fantastic menu. :D

Upvote 0
Well this is apparently way over my taste buds. I put a piece of meat on the grill with some spices that I like make a Season Potatoes dish and Maybe some Lima beans or Broccoli & Cauliflower. I'm just an old Southern Man. Low Country Boils and meat and tators. This gourmet stuff is kinda like eatin art. I aint into how fancy it looks just how it taste.

Jerk Steak and Coconut shrimp work well for me. Keep the taco not that its bad or not of my taste quite the opposite. I would enjoy Coconut Shrimp Taco's just don't want them with my steak. Maybe Garlic Shrimp mmmmmmm Luvs the Garlic. I do like mashed tators but not made with butter (not heart healthy) have to go with an olive oil. A nice spice over them with a touch of sourcream instead of butter on it. Keep the aparagus not much for twig tops would rather have the broccoli with it. Cabbage would be good but not with the tators. Turnips or even Mustard greens would be good. Def have to be Garlic shrimp with greens though.

Just put me down for the Steak boss. I want ya to get your credit now I gota find me some food dang if I aint got hungry all over again. :eek:

Upvote 0
Well this is apparently way over my taste buds. I put a piece of meat on the grill with some spices that I like make a Season Potatoes dish and Maybe some Lima beans or Broccoli & Cauliflower. I'm just an old Southern Man. Low Country Boils and meat and tators. This gourmet stuff is kinda like eatin art. I aint into how fancy it looks just how it taste.

Jerk Steak and Coconut shrimp work well for me. Keep the taco not that its bad or not of my taste quite the opposite. I would enjoy Coconut Shrimp Taco's just don't want them with my steak. Maybe Garlic Shrimp mmmmmmm Luvs the Garlic. I do like mashed tators but not made with butter (not heart healthy) have to go with an olive oil. A nice spice over them with a touch of sourcream instead of butter on it. Keep the aparagus not much for twig tops would rather have the broccoli with it. Cabbage would be good but not with the tators. Turnips or even Mustard greens would be good. Def have to be Garlic shrimp with greens though.

Just put me down for the Steak boss. I want ya to get your credit now I gota find me some food dang if I aint got hungry all over again. :eek:

LOL damn you are picky. might have to make a separate menu just for you:D

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
I'm with some of the others, I'm not a 'fancy' place kind of guy. One of my favorite places has a sign "shirt and shoes required, T-shirt and flip flops preferred". :)

That said, the shrimp tacos look most interesting to me (none of it looks bad).
The tacos are $20, and Cornish Game Hen is $18 - really? That seems backwards to me. However I freely admit that the last time I bought a Cornish Game Hen was, well, uh - never, so I don't know what they cost. Add to that the fact that I live on the Florida coast where shrimp is 'cheap', so I may have a skewed vision of food costs for these two items. It just seems strange to me that 'tacos' is the more expensive dish (but I regularly eat at a Mexican restaurant where two tacos cost $7, and the margaritas are 2 for 1 all day every day :) )

Upvote 0
I saw I was getting a whole hen on a plate with mango and lime glaze.

Whole hen = GOOD

Glaze = Good

:D

I love infused rice, sounded good to me. I was also borderline with the Jerk ribeye, I'm a steak eater. I've experienced the "meat sweats" on more than one occasion.

A good area to dip into is Puerto Rican. My father in law, who lives with us now ;), is 100% off the banana boat and my word can that man cook some good rice!!! Puerto Rican fried chicken will make you take back things you ain't stole. :D

Upvote 0
hey guys,
i want to express my thanx to all of y'all. my menu project was a success! i got a 95 out of 100 and i could not have done it with out you guys.

and if i ever own my own restaurant someday i will hold my promise of a discount to all AF members:D:D

I hope you are very successful! Make sure you post on G+ also!

Upvote 0
hey guys,
i want to express my thanx to all of y'all. my menu project was a success! i got a 95 out of 100 and i could not have done it with out you guys.

and if i ever own my own restaurant someday i will hold my promise of a discount to all AF members:D:D

Congrats! If I ever make to your place, I'll hold you to it :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones