• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Odd one.

"her number",

I assume you mean her cellphone number?

the only way that is possible is for someone at the carrier to have fumbled their fingers while updating the records.

I told her somebody switched Sims on her. She said that one of the phones doesn't use a Sim card.
That's when I told her that I didn't know that much about that.
She is a pretty smart girl so I don't know quite what to think.

Upvote 0
Some CDMA phones don't take SIMs, usually older ones that don't have 4G. And the service and phone number are registered to the ESN of the phone itself.

I assume it's a CDMA network, like Sprint, Verizon, China Telecom, or something.

Jenny, I got your number
I need to make you mine
Jenny, don't change your number
867-5309
867-5309
867-5309
867-5309

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OT: I wonder if anyone tried to call "Echo Valley 2-6809" or "Pennsylvania 6-5000"? LOL although the latter was or is apparently a real phone number, Pennsylvania in NYC, and I think there's an Echo Valley in Hong Kong.

I know something that did happen, the movie Notting Hill, a person had to change their phone number because of that. I think usually they use fictitious phone numbers for movies and TV. There was a very brief shot of a phone number on a notice board or something in the film. When Notting Hill was first on theatrical only release, no problem, it wasn't shown for long enough, but when it went on DVD and VHS release, people were freezing the scene and phoning the number.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some CDMA phones don't take SIMs, usually older ones that don't have 4G. And the service and phone number are registered to the ESN of the phone itself.

I assume it's a CDMA network, like Sprint, Verizon, China Telecom, or something.

Jenny, I got your number
I need to make you mine
Jenny, don't change your number
867-5309
867-5309
867-5309
867-5309

Google says the j3 has 2 Sim cards and the HTC has one too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones