• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Android 2.2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my Froyo update on my sim / brand free Desire, my signal strength has been rubbish. I like the extra features and my battery life is fine but more often than not text messages do not send cause of loss of signal even though i'm in a good signal area. weird :(

This may sound extremely basic, however, after upgrading to froyo i noticed i was only getting 2 bars where i used to get 3, 3 bars where i used to get 4 etc. I sqitched off, removed simcard, replaced simcard and switched back on. I now get 3/4 bars in most places, which is a big improvement for me.

Upvote 0
Google apparently took note of people saying that Android wasn't enough like the iPhone, so in FroYo they've cut the signal strength! ;)

Seriously though, I doubt a firmware update will have done anything to the signal at all. I'd put it down as more likely being some local issue with your network. Can you speak to your network, or try another SIM card and network given it's SIM-free?

lol iphone

I'll try out another sim card and see but it's odd that ever since i updated to 2.2 which i did on the release day my signal has been poor. Seems a long time for my provider ( vodafone ) to have issues.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones