• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official Connect MS840/MS840V Firmware (Newest is VV6)

Any word on what version is what MetroPCS is loading onto peoples phones if they walk into a corporate store? Is it indeed VV5 that they are loading onto peoples phones? I guess either way, most of us on older ZVA, etc roms will find out tomorrow...

Probably going to switch from Number Two (ZVA) to Stock VV5 later today. May sit it out and wait and see what happens tomorrow though...

Upvote 0
Any word on what version is what MetroPCS is loading onto peoples phones if they walk into a corporate store? Is it indeed VV5 that they are loading onto peoples phones? I guess either way, most of us on older ZVA, etc roms will find out tomorrow...

Probably going to switch from Number Two (ZVA) to Stock VV5 later today. May sit it out and wait and see what happens tomorrow though...

I heard VVE in the MetroPCS forum here at AF. Not sure if thats a typo or what.. The esteem uses ZVE. The newest I can find for connect is still VV5.
VV5 will work fine for when T-Mobile comes your way.

Reactions: SegamanXero
Upvote 0
Any differences from ZV5?
No. Same crappy Gingerbread firmware as VV5, but has the newer Google updates included. (Google Play games, updated Google play services that pretty much every connected Android received a couple of months back.

Some Google play services may not work now if you don't update to VV6. It caused my phone to reach critical mass, nearly burned my face after a 4 min phone call.... Traded it for an OF6 the next day :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones