• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now for my 2 cents and I am not trying to cause a problem but I think deterring people from posting because they may not use what some except as proper grammar is a bit much don't you think.. Especially since this is suppose to be a community. How would you like it if I made a big deal about you spelling grammar wrong? so should we complain about your post. Its just a bit petty for a forum.

Just sounds like someone is being a little defensive to me. . . . I don't believe anyone actually said anything about banning anyone just because they write like a second grader. Just that's nice to see a post in which the person took the time to write in complete sentences and knew how to spell. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just sounds like someone is being a little defensive to me. . . . I don't believe anyone actually said anything about banning anyone just because they write like a second grader. Just that's nice to see a post in which the person took the time to write in complete sentences and knew how to spell. :rolleyes:

I am not being defensive because the comment wasn't directed at me. For the most part I check my post. I was just stating a fact that posting on this forum does not require you to have an English degree or an A+ in spelling. This is suppose to be a relaxed environment not a bitch session about how someone writes their post. Oh yeah and no where in my post did it say anything about banning anyone.

I have a bachelors degree and a masters degree but I don't go around trying to make people feel bad about how they write in their post. There is a time and a place for that and last time I checked this isn't a classroom.

Upvote 0
Now for my 2 cents and I am not trying to cause a problem but I think deterring people from posting because they may not use what some except as proper grammar is a bit much don't you think.. Especially since this is suppose to be a community. How would you like it if I made a big deal about you spelling grammar wrong? so should we complain about your post. Its just a bit petty for a forum.

I appologize if I deterred anybody from posting or offended anyone. It looks like I didn't use the best choice of words to state what I was trying to say. I really just meant to commend the good grammar. Once again, I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Thank you for correcting me on the spelling of grammar--I appreciate. Now I won't make that mistake again.

Reactions: stevbl01
Upvote 0
I appologize if I deterred anybody from posting or offended anyone. It looks like I didn't use the best choice of words to state what I was trying to say. I really just meant to commend the good grammar. Once again, I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Thank you for correcting me on the spelling of grammar--I appreciate. Now I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks for the apology. For the record Matthew K the post didn't offend me but I just would like to keep this forum relaxed..

Upvote 0

There's a big difference between saying "I appreciate when people use correct grammar" versus "I don't think people who don't use grammar correctly should be able to post."

Agreed. BACK on topic--so what is the word on 2.2? From what I keep reading, it looks like Evo-users will get it OTA a few weeks after the release date? Does that sound right? Say, mid to late-July?

Reactions: pelebkf
Upvote 0
So I finally went by a Radioshack to eyeball the WinMo sister of our phone....

It's a big phone. It's not that much bigger then the iPhone but it is certainly larger feeling... I know there is no way to put a 4.3" screen in a smaller body.

Radioshack only had crummy dummy phones though, no working models. So i wasn't able to see the quality of the phone at all, which probably would have helped a lot. I kinda wish I hadn't even gone to look at it.

It's a really big phone, and with nothing to look at but a beat-up fake phone it was almost repelling.

It's going to be good to see a working model I think. I still really wish it had an OLED screen though. My friend's incredible has such a gorgeous screen on it :(

Upvote 0
I still really wish it had an OLED screen though. My friend's incredible has such a gorgeous screen on it :(

I love the Incredible screen ... right up until I take a step outside. The phone is all but unusable in moderate to direct sunlight. Its a drawback I could learn to live with if I had to, but I'm looking forward to having the EVO to compare. The Incredible also has a pinkish hue, which isn't debilitating, but is sort of annoying. AMOLED and TFT each have their pluses and minuses.

Upvote 0
I understand what you're saying, it seems like several dozen people left to follow the cult of Jackson, heralded by Bishop Bill, but the good news is we don't need that sort of mentality here and there's less posts to follow!

(Just poking some fun here, don't take me seriously)

It's not surprising that the N1 isn't going to be sold by Sprint, but I do hope Sprint releases more Android phones soon......1 new phone won't be enough to win over everyone. Sprint needs to go for the more casual market as well such as Verizon did by releasing both the Droid and Droid Eris at the same time.

In particular, I've seen several non-tech minded women whom preferred the Eris to the Droid, but there is no such choice here (I know the Hero is essentially the same thing, but it could be perceived as being an old device by now)

sprint might be releasing the samsung galaxy s with android...just a rumor i heard, it would be great like you say, sprint might make more heads to turn their way.

Upvote 0
Oh... oops!! Surprising that those two are in front of the new iPHONE.

Still, I think iPhone users either don't do forums (general public) or stick to iPhone-specific blogs since they obviously already have the best phone and don't need reviews of others :D

Sites like PhoneDog appeal to techies and people who want to compare options...the kind of people skewed toward Android and more cutting-edge devices.

Reactions: Matthew K
Upvote 0
I love the Incredible screen ... right up until I take a step outside. The phone is all but unusable in moderate to direct sunlight. Its a drawback I could learn to live with if I had to, but I'm looking forward to having the EVO to compare. The Incredible also has a pinkish hue, which isn't debilitating, but is sort of annoying. AMOLED and TFT each have their pluses and minuses.

Yup - the Incredible is absolutely useless outdoors -- even in indirect sunlight, it's just about impossible to view the contents on the screen, even at full brightness.

Now I see why older technology like TFT is still around. Looking forward to trying out the EVO when it comes out.

Upvote 0
Although I don't know for sure but I have heard that it might be available as soon as the phone boots up.

one thing i've heard about 2.2 is that it will address some things with android regarding "fragmentation"....what exactly is this "fragmentation"...i've read that it's a common knock against the android OS...can anyone shed any light on this for me....grassy ass in advance

Upvote 0
So I finally went by a Radioshack to eyeball the WinMo sister of our phone....

It's a big phone. It's not that much bigger then the iPhone but it is certainly larger feeling... I know there is no way to put a 4.3" screen in a smaller body.

Radioshack only had crummy dummy phones though, no working models. So i wasn't able to see the quality of the phone at all, which probably would have helped a lot. I kinda wish I hadn't even gone to look at it.

It's a really big phone, and with nothing to look at but a beat-up fake phone it was almost repelling.

It's going to be good to see a working model I think. I still really wish it had an OLED screen though. My friend's incredible has such a gorgeous screen on it :(

I know how you feel, I was at walmart the other day and took a peek at the HD2 in the display case. DAAAAAAAM that screen is huge! It was only dummy as well but it looked phenomenal, any larger and no one would want to buy! I think HTC has the perfect size for a phone screen.

Upvote 0
one thing i've heard about 2.2 is that it will address some things with android regarding "fragmentation"....what exactly is this "fragmentation"...i've read that it's a common knock against the android OS...can anyone shed any light on this for me....grassy ass in advance

Several different versions of android on several handsets makes it difficult for developers to build for them all. In a nut shell. :D

1.5 1.6 2.0 2.1 etc

Reactions: AM2
Upvote 0
Unbelievable. You are seriously arguing about this? No wonder the "other site" has 226 members. They were all tired of the continuous banter over here only to have your questions deleted such as... asking for the link to a website. Can't you just discuss the Evo? I don't get it. Too many chiefs, not enough indians because they're all on Welcome to the EVO 4G Community & Forum

10 chars :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones