• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
That earlier Negri Electronics quote that's so sensational - surprised no one commented on the fact that they said their supplier gets product directly from Samsung. Sounds like a chain - as opposed to direct supply from Samsung. So - shenanigans, yes.

ICS hitting the AOSP repository early is interesting - but it's the first step of a multi-step process. Way interesting tho.

That has Google substantiating that the Gnex will specifically be running 4.01.

If anyone is expecting other phones to complete ICS ports in the next two weeks, well, ok - but that defies historical trends, as noted earlier.

Seven for seven, teenth for teenth - 17th! :D

A big welcome to our many new posters today! :)

(Yeap - I saw you. ;))

Upvote 0
I am stuck with AT&T and I hope that Gnex comes to AT&T. I think BMX works at Google. Does anyone have access to him to find out if/when the Gnex gets to AT&T?

I know this is the wrong forum to ask this but it is the the most informative. And the most entertaining!

At the rate it's going with Verizon I'm guessing it will be out on AT&T before it comes out on Verizon.

Seriously though, I'd guess it'd be out no later than January for AT&T. People at Google tend to not talk about the Galaxy Nexus release date, the ones I follow on Google+ don't reply to my pestering anyway.

Upvote 0
I am stuck with AT&T and I hope that Gnex comes to AT&T. I think BMX works at Google. Does anyone have access to him to find out if/when the Gnex gets to AT&T?

I know this is the wrong forum to ask this but it is the the most informative. And the most entertaining!

At least you're in USA. I'm in Colombia so i need to pay unsubsidized to get my phone. Google should sell it on nexus page for 600 :)

Upvote 0
Verizon's warranty change is do to these facts;

Most people that by a cell phone are clueless about them.
So with the release of the Nexus, it will give them people a chance to return it for something that they can understand better.

And there maybe people that do not like the idea of having soft buttons,
the Nexus will be a trial and error phone for the most part.

And if there is a bug or two, and you do not want to wait for the OS fix,
then you can give it back.

The new warranty is for the Nexus.

So with the ^^ above crazy talk I say we hear about the Nexus this week.:)

I'd like to believe that, but...

I had a back and forth with the Verizon sales rep when I bought the Palm Pre Plus for my wife. The rep *really* wanted to make sure my wife wanted this phone without trying it, because it was so different from previous Palms that they were getting a ton of returns from displeased customers.

So I believe the problem of an unexpected/unfamiliar device exists, but it's too much to think they would implement this policy for the Nexus. Especially during the Christmas buying season, when every other retailer extends their return / exchange window.

Upvote 0
Okay. This is it. I'm giving it til Friday, no more. Now that the source code has been released, I've got to believe that the HTC devs will be one of the first to release a pure ICS rom for the HTC device, since it's the only other 720p display that will be able to present it as it was created.

If we have no word of a release date by this Friday, I'm going with HTC. I may even crack before then.

I know you guys have been watching me crack up from all the waiting and reading the same things over and over, but I'm not going to give up.

C'mon, go ahead, crack up but wait. Or you could be playing the return period card eh?

Upvote 0
im at exit 25. sheesh thats gonna be a long drive. haha.

Looks like somewhere between Freehold and Sayreville would be the middle. Lol.

I know you guys have been watching me crack up from all the waiting and reading the same things over and over, but I'm not going to give up.

C'mon, go ahead, crack up but wait. Or you could be playing the return period card eh?

Glad to see that lurkers still want to hold out too. :D

Upvote 0
At the rate it's going with Verizon I'm guessing it will be out on AT&T before it comes out on Verizon.

Seriously though, I'd guess it'd be out no later than January for AT&T. People at Google tend to not talk about the Galaxy Nexus release date, the ones I follow on Google+ don't reply to my pestering anyway.

Late spring I think is more realistic for att it did take them 7 months or so to get an subsidized version of nexus s

Upvote 0
So many other lurkers have come out of hiding that I decided it was time to announce my presence as well. :)

I'm a bit of a computer geek, but up until recently didn't really pay much attention to phones. I'm still using a Blackberry Curve 8330 that I got from Verizon almost 2 1/2 years ago (with a grandfathered unlimited data plan!). I've been eligible for an upgrade since the end of January but didn't see a phone out there to get excited about and I wasn't having any problems with what I had. Nothing made by Blackberry or Palm seemed that impressive and I didn't know anything about Android. I thought about getting the iPhone 4 when that first came out on Verizon, but couldn't see wasting the upgrade on that when a new iPhone would be out in just a few months. Then when the iPhone 4S was finally released in October, I was very disappointed that it didn't support LTE, which had been available in my area for a few months already. Given how old my BB is, I decided it was time to research all my options. I looked at all the LTE phones available on Verizon, but still wasn't that impressed with any of them. So I moved on to general web searches and stumbled across an article about the "Nexus Prime". The more I read about it, the more I started to finally get excited! After watching the Samsung/Google launch event live on YouTube, that was it. I knew the Galaxy Nexus was the phone I had been waiting for. I've been obsessed with it ever since, with daily Google searches to find more information. I've come up to speed fairly quick with all that is Android.

Since I stumbled upon this forum, I've been wasting a lot of time keeping up with all the discussion (a lot of it at work). I can't wait to get my hands on this phone!! I hadn't known what I was missing before by not upgrading to an Android sooner, but now that I do, I'm just glad that the first Android I will get to play with will be a Nexus running a (from what I can tell) greatly improved OS. I'm really looking forward to being able to read more than just plain text e-mails and for websites to load fast enough and with few enough errors to actually make that feature useful (my phone now is worse than dial-up). Of course thats not even going into all the new features in ICS. I'm going to continue to be patient and wait for the GSN though. The specs on Rezound don't look bad, but its not worth giving in and getting that instead. I've waited this long; I can wait a bit longer. My birthday is the 19th so I would love it if the 17th as a release date pans out for the GSN!

Upvote 0
So many other lurkers have come out of hiding that I decided it was time to announce my presence as well. :)

I'm a bit of a computer geek, but up until recently didn't really pay much attention to phones. I'm still using a Blackberry Curve 8330 that I got from Verizon almost 2 1/2 years ago (with a grandfathered unlimited data plan!). I've been eligible for an upgrade since the end of January but didn't see a phone out there to get excited about and I wasn't having any problems with what I had. Nothing made by Blackberry or Palm seemed that impressive and I didn't know anything about Android. I thought about getting the iPhone 4 when that first came out on Verizon, but couldn't see wasting the upgrade on that when a new iPhone would be out in just a few months. Then when the iPhone 4S was finally released in October, I was very disappointed that it didn't support LTE, which had been available in my area for a few months already. Given how old my BB is, I decided it was time to research all my options. I looked at all the LTE phones available on Verizon, but still wasn't that impressed with any of them. So I moved on to general web searches and stumbled across an article about the "Nexus Prime". The more I read about it, the more I started to finally get excited! After watching the Samsung/Google launch event live on YouTube, that was it. I knew the Galaxy Nexus was the phone I had been waiting for. I've been obsessed with it ever since, with daily Google searches to find more information. I've come up to speed fairly quick with all that is Android.

Since I stumbled upon this forum, I've been wasting a lot of time keeping up with all the discussion (a lot of it at work). I can't wait to get my hands on this phone!! I hadn't known what I was missing before by not upgrading to an Android sooner, but now that I do, I'm just glad that the first Android I will get to play with will be a Nexus running a (from what I can tell) greatly improved OS. I'm really looking forward to being able to read more than just plain text e-mails and for websites to load fast enough and with few enough errors to actually make that feature useful (my phone now is worse than dial-up). Of course that s not even going into all the new features in ICS. I'm going to continue to be patient and wait for the GSN though. The specs on Rezound don't look bad, but its not worth giving in and getting that instead. I've waited this long; I can wait a bit longer. My birthday is the 19th so I would love it if the 17th as a release date pans out for the GSN!

Hi and welcome! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones