• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following the thread since page 64 or so... coming out of lurking to say hi. Have/had a nexus one until the speaker died, so I got a POS HTC Aria to hold me over until SGN. I hate that phone, and it's hard to go from a clean google experience to HTC bloated sense. If I don't get SGN soon I think I am going to have to root my phone, which I'm sort of nervous about...

BB - Love the avatars... :)

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
I'm going to keep posting on their wall, daily, until the phone is released. Why would an informed user buy a Razor or Rezound when the GNex release is imminent?
(apologies to those who couldn't wait, or are 'renting' one of those devices).
As shocking as it may seem, there are those out there who don't want a GNex. Some will dislike the size, curved glass, pentile display, no SD card, and *gasp*, maybe even ICS. Who knows?

Some may prefer the features of the RAZR and Rezound more. Those are quite capable phones, and everyone is entitled to make the choice that suits them best.

Reactions: callmeox and jmar
Upvote 0
Been following the thread since page 64 or so... coming out of lurking to say hi. Have/had a nexus one until the speaker died, so I got a POS HTC Aria to hold me over until SGN. I hate that phone, and it's hard to go from a clean google experience to HTC bloated sense. If I don't get SGN soon I think I am going to have to root my phone, which I'm sort of nervous about...

BB - Love the avatars... :)
Welcome to the forums.

And who doesn't love BB's avatars.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
As shocking as it may seem, there are those out there who don't want a GNex. Some will dislike the size, curved glass, pentile display, no SD card, and *gasp*, maybe even ICS. Who knows?

Some may prefer the features of the RAZR and Rezound more. Those are quite capable phones, and everyone is entitled to make the choice that suits them best.

All true, but I am also entitled to piss all over VZW's facebook wall until they release the damn device. And piss I shall. Daily.

Reactions: Ninja Monkey
Upvote 0
People we are getting 32gb, they just made a mistake on their page. Its WAYYYYY to late in the game to change something like that.

I go back to what I said earlier. What if it isn't a change and the first version of the page was a mistake and this is the correct information? Just because a few test phones had 32GB doesn't mean that's what they finally decided on. Remember there were 16GB test phones too, and ones with 1.5GHz processor clocks and we see how that went.

My point is that we can't confidently state as fact at this point that is will definitely be 32GB because we can't definitively say it would be a change at this point. Who knows maybe Verizon wanted the 32GB version and Samsung could only ship the 16GB version at this point due to component shortages.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking of getting a temporary Razr if we get to Monday and nothing happens, not even an announcement. I guess I'll stop at my Verizon store on Monday and check but if they have nothing regarding the Galaxy Nexus I might jump ship and get the Razr just to hold me over... I fully intend on getting my hands on a GNex the day it comes out, but if that day doesn't come for a while, I'm not sure how much longer I can stand my sister's 2 year old OG droid lol.

Upvote 0
I go back to what I said earlier. What if it isn't a change and the first version of the page was a mistake and this is the correct information? Just because a few test phones had 32GB doesn't mean that's what they finally decided on. Remember there were 16GB test phones too, and ones with 1.5GHz processor clocks and we see how that went.

My point is that we can't confidently state as fact at this point that is will definitely be 32GB because we can't definitively say it would be a change at this point. Who knows maybe Verizon wanted the 32GB version and Samsung could only ship the 16GB version at this point due to component shortages.

Which led into my question yesterday. If you could have a 16GB model and had to wait for the 32GB model, what would you do?

Upvote 0
so whats the consensus today? dont feel like reading 30 pages to catch up.. Dec 8? or are people calling that picture a fake or for a non-corporate retail store?

I'm calling shenanigans on it, because it could very well be some mocked up official-looking MS Word document... hell ANYONE with MS Word can make something like that look official, so I'm not counting on it, esp. since it was apparently only that one store that got the memo and if something like that showed up at a store it would be an all-stores thing. So I'm calling BS on it.

Reactions: efApple and Rybnik
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones